Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2017 Eclipse (August 21)

I would take seeing a total eclipse over work any day. And I am.

And FWIW, so far I haven't run into one person here in a sour mood, and I'm betting I won't for the next few days. Being around people having a good time is actually quite refreshing for all the shit we're going through right now.

Traffic headed South into South Carolina on I-85 was at rush hour level around noon yesterday. There were an unusual number of semi's out there as if they were trying to get to their Monday drops before the traffic got insane; never recall seeing that much truck traffic on a Saturday.

Just went outside at 6:45 am and at just over a mile from the interstate in this cool morning air the interstate is a roar of noise so it hasn't fallen off yet. Since it will be 98% here I think we'll just observe it from the yard and call it good rather than getting into that madness.

Last edited:
Why is this such a big deal? mtmuley

From what I am told totality (as opposed to a partial) is something very special and different and it's not something one should miss.

I'll let you know Monday if they are right or not.

I'm no too into it myself but my wife is a space nerd. We found a place on a mountain summit to watch the shadow approach center of totality. It's the best of both worlds and I'll admit, I'm a little jazzed for it now too. Being in the mountains gives me a better outlook.

Here is my view of the sunrise this morning. 20170820_070348.jpg

Good question. I work with people taking vacation to go to it..
Either they have no life, or I don't. makes ya wonder.

Interesting for sure. I am amazed that motel rooms are selling out and traffic is supposed to be like "hurricane evacuation". Just me I guess, but I can think of better things to do. Besides, the Lolo Peak fire will make it dang near impossible to see anyway. mtmuley

95% here in Bozeman is good enough for me. Hate driving and crowds. In '94 we experienced the annular total eclipse in Urbana, Il. It was pretty cool.

Traffic is still pretty mellow in chugwater, Wy. I'm thinking the overhyping may have kept some at home. That's too bad, almost seeing a total eclipse is like almost seeing the grand canyon.

On a plane right now with my son. Headed to Idaho where my wife shot her moose last year. Going to watch the awesomeness, camp out and go collect some of the ribs and spine we left in the field.

Just me I guess, but I can think of better things to do. Besides, the Lolo Peak fire will make it dang near impossible to see anyway. mtmuley

Yeh, like go to work so I can take off during hunting season. The smoke eclipse in the Bitterroot is way overrated.:W:

On a plane right now with my son. Headed to Idaho where my wife shot her moose last year. Going to watch the awesomeness, camp out and go collect some of the ribs and spine we left in the field.

JR, this is a good year for huckleberries, might find some dessert on your hike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back