PEAX Equipment

Book titles

BuffaloRCody

Big fin, in the latest podcast you mentioned a couple books. Could you tell us the names and authors again so I can look them up? Thanks.... and as always, I love listening to the show.

One was the Big Burn. Anyone catch the name of the author/biologist he mentioned? Name started with a "P"?

I meant that Randy mentioned another author (besides Egan) who's name I can't remember.

Punke is the author and the book is called Last Stand.

Punke was one of the books mentioned.

Last Stand is a remarkable recount of what events led to the conservation ethic we all attribute to hunters instilling in American culture. We owe the bison for being the sacrificial object. It took something seemingly endless, bison herds, supposedly exploitable without consequence, to wake the American mind to the fact that we had liquidated a resource once deemed infinite. And we did it in less than a decade.

That book is a historical recount, told mostly through the work of George Bird Grinell, as to how hunters, specifically the founders of the Boone & Crockett Club, set forth a conservation recovery we enjoy today.

If you want to help us out, feel free to buy at this Amazon link or click the image below - https://www.amazon.com/Last-Stand-G...528e21bcf34cd29d64666&creativeASIN=0803226802

51H72ePmMdL._AC_AC_SR98,95_.jpg

Randy, can you provide a list of all the other books you have suggested on any of your podcasts, please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back