Default Chaffetz out in 2018

Looks like Utahn's will have another opportunity in 2018 to show which side of the transfer battle they want to be on. Wonder which side they will pick?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

Curious to see what anti public land candidate that machine churns out next.
    "I'll put some whiskey into my whiskey"

He knows an opportunity to make some real $.

Quote Originally Posted by mulecreek View Post
    Looks like Utahn's will have another opportunity in 2018 to show which side of the transfer battle they want to be on. Wonder which side they will pick?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009
    Maybe there are other issues which take a front seat to PLT?
    God's trying to bless America, there's just too many people getting in the way.

For the win! Thanks to everyone who respectfully disagreed w the "gentleman from UT."

As much as I disagree with him on a lot of things, he is right. Its a house of representatives, not a f*&ing retirement home.

Jose's blah-go-rama sourcing will need replenishment.

Their is no room for men with a conscience in Utah politics. More than likely he sees a shitstorm coming and figures he doesn't need to stand in front of it. I wouldn't doubt him being driven out by his party either.
    “LET ME TELL YOU WHY PEOPLE LIVE IN IDAHO…THEY LIVE IN IDAHO BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR PUBLIC LANDS. THEY LIKE ACCESS TO THEM FOR RECREATION, FOR HUNTING AND FISHING, OR ALL THE ACTIVITIES THEY DO ON PUBLIC LANDS.”
    -U.S. Representative Mike Simpson

His ego is too big to quit. I firmly believe that there is an unreported significant scandal that is out there that he is afraid of. That being said, its a great opportunity for Utah to get it right next time. However, I won't hold my breath.

UT governor in 2020. Pres run in 2024...

Breaks my heart to see him go...almost as much as Bill O'Reilly...
    "...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana." -Norman Maclean

"They were still so young they hadn't learned to count the odds and to sense they might owe the universe a tragedy"
    -Norman Maclean

That poor dog.

Name:  chaffetz dog.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  17.7 KB
    A lesson was learned to not mix together silver bullets and a forum site.
    Fowl_Minded

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lamb View Post
    That poor dog.

Name:  chaffetz dog.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  17.7 KB
    He was back at the shelter before that pic got 1000 likes
    “LET ME TELL YOU WHY PEOPLE LIVE IN IDAHO…THEY LIVE IN IDAHO BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR PUBLIC LANDS. THEY LIKE ACCESS TO THEM FOR RECREATION, FOR HUNTING AND FISHING, OR ALL THE ACTIVITIES THEY DO ON PUBLIC LANDS.”
    -U.S. Representative Mike Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by utah400elk View Post
    I firmly believe that there is an unreported significant scandal that is out there that he is afraid of.
    Wondering the same thing. Not running for re-election and maybe even leaving before his term is up. My only question?

We salute you, tender creature, for the sacrifice of your juicy meat.

15. Default

I believe he has significant legal issues. Rumored "family type issues" are survivable for a politician, serious illegality not. He tried to eliminate the house ethics committee but failed. He is gone as of today.