Dream big

Killergaurd

Just say u draw the LE tag u applied for. Deer or elk what would u hold out for. Deer I would go 170 or bigger. Probabley end up eating my tag. Elk I would shoot 320 to 340. With 350 in the back of my mind. Good luck everyone and whoever draws a primo tag, hunt hard.

I've drawn 2 LE elk permits and 1 LE deer permit. All of the critters I shot were below the benchmarks you set. Still happy as all get out about those hunts...

First ever bull

Second LE elk

LE deer from same unit and same year as first elk

In my favorite unit, were I to draw, I would hold out for a 200" mulie. I have seen several over the years that push beyond that mark, just did not have a tag or calendar was off. For elk, I would hold out for 350". Not 100% sure I have seen one although I think I have and I have seen trophies from the area that exceed 330". In the end I would probably go home with my dreams unfulfilled as I have the last 20+ years.

1 pointer good job 2 mature bulls and a nice buck. Nikster I hope u draw it would be interesting to see a dead 200 inch buck. I myself have never drawn a LE tag.

It would all depend on where the LE tag would take place, whether it be in your home state or out-of-state. I feel that if I draw a LE in my home state, I'd be more willing to hold out, out-of-state is a bit different. Traveling makes it a little harder for me to scout and really put the time in on the ground. But then again I wouldn't shoot a dink and would hold out for a mature animal even if hunting out-of-state. Sure I'd like to get a booner sometime, but I have a hard time passing if I get a chance at a mature animal within bow range. This is how I view things with my current applications, if I were to draw one:

Wyoming: Elk/Deer-I'll hold out for that jaw dropper, I can hunt general areas and take respectable animals. Antelope-I hold out to a point, but I enjoy the meat far more than speed goat skulls. Moose/Mtn Goat/Big Horn-I'll probably be old by the time I get one of these tags and in all likelihood, I'll probably be retired by then and have all the time in the world, or so I think.

Utah: Deer-I'll do my best to take a mature animal, this is the tag I'll be chasing bragging rights.

NM: Elk/Deer- I won't go crazy on the hold out, but there's some dandy animals running around down there.

Maine: Moose-I'll take whatever is legal.

KS: I've received this tag multiple times, I've never held out for those marketed booners. I've taken a few very respectable bucks on public ground down there, mostly in the 130-140 range and they taste damn good. I don't wait for those monsters here because it seems that a vast majority of the quality ground is leased by outfitters. But they can't lease the public, so that's where I go. Pictured is the buck I took the last time had the KS tag, unit 13 public ground, 2015. (hunted all of two full days DIY)

deer.jpg

It would all depend on where the LE tag would take place, whether it be in your home state or out-of-state. I feel that if I draw a LE in my home state, I'd be more willing to hold out, out-of-state is a bit different. Traveling makes it a little harder for me to scout and really put the time in on the ground. But then again I wouldn't shoot a dink and would hold out for a mature animal even if hunting out-of-state. Sure I'd like to get a booner sometime, but I have a hard time passing if I get a chance at a mature animal within bow range. This is how I view things with my current applications, if I were to draw one:

Wyoming: Elk/Deer-I'll hold out for that jaw dropper, I can hunt general areas and take respectable animals. Antelope-I hold out to a point, but I enjoy the meat far more than speed goat skulls. Moose/Mtn Goat/Big Horn-I'll probably be old by the time I get one of these tags and in all likelihood, I'll probably be retired by then and have all the time in the world, or so I think.

Utah: Deer-I'll do my best to take a mature animal, this is the tag I'll be chasing bragging rights.

NM: Elk/Deer- I won't go crazy on the hold out, but there's some dandy animals running around down there.

Maine: Moose-I'll take whatever is legal.

KS: I've received this tag multiple times, I've never held out for those marketed booners. I've taken a few very respectable bucks on public ground down there, mostly in the 130-140 range and they taste damn good. I don't wait for those monsters here because it seems that a vast majority of the quality ground is leased by outfitters. But they can't lease the public, so that's where I go. Pictured is the buck I took the last time had the KS tag, unit 13 public ground, 2015. (hunted all of two full days DIY)

View attachment 70366

Is your first name Jason and you're a 2w2?

-Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back