Obsession M6Z Bows

wildaggie13

I am selling my Elite Energy 32 and looking for another bow. I really want to get the Obsession M6Z but just hesitant bc they havent been around as long as Bowtech or Mathews. Has anyone bought this bow yet and tested it compared to the Bowtech Reign 6 or the Mathews Halon 32? I have heard they are as quiet as a mathews and fast as a bowtech!!

Ha. I'm selling it for $400 to a beginning archer that is just getting into whitetail hunting. I shoot this bow great, but they are just a little slow for me. I'm only flying about 270 fps. Gonna try some of these 6" brace heights and see what happens. Thanks for the offer��

Ha. I'm selling it for $400 to a beginning archer that is just getting into whitetail hunting. I shoot this bow great, but they are just a little slow for me. I'm only flying about 270 fps. Gonna try some of these 6" brace heights and see what happens. Thanks for the offer��

Good on you!! Hunters helping hunters!

I am selling my Elite Energy 32 and looking for another bow. I really want to get the Obsession M6Z but just hesitant bc they havent been around as long as Bowtech or Mathews. Has anyone bought this bow yet and tested it compared to the Bowtech Reign 6 or the Mathews Halon 32? I have heard they are as quiet as a mathews and fast as a bowtech!!
I am receiving this exact bow in 80 lb version at 29.5 inch draw this week. I presently shoot a Mathews Monster in 6 inch brace height and a Mathews Heli-M, so in a week or so I should be able to give you a good comparison.

awesome thanks. I will be getting the 80lbs as well if I were to buy it. Can't waite to hear how you like it.

I have an elite GT500. Time to buy new. Don't really care for the the new split limb design but really like the Impulse impulse 31...in kuiu verde. Very smooth, solid back. Quintessential elite bow. After having an Elite with their hunt guarantee I can't really look at another brand. If it breaks in the field, you call em up with your draw and weight they will overnight you a bow set up and ready to go. Just site it in and send it back. I always carry a backup..but how can you beat that?

Why 80? I have no problem pulling it, but the FPS gain is less than 5 (from 60 to lbs its usually 2-3 fps) that I cant justify it. Would rather it be easier to hold.

I received the Defcon M6Z yesterday. At this point it is set at 75 pounds and 29.5 inch draw. With a 398 gr arrow it showed 331 fps. That's 23 gr over IBO weight, with d-loop and 1/4 inch peep installed. It's not quite as fast as my old Mathews Monster-6, but tons quieter and virtually zero hand shock. As for the question above about why the 80 pound version, it's simply a matter of penetration. The IBO speed may stay close to the same between the different draw weights, but IBO arrow weight for a 60 lb draw is 300 gr, which is super light. For 80 lb draw it is 400gr. I can build a good hunting arrow with 400 grains. There's a huge momentum difference between those two set ups. I hunt elk a lot with a bow, and there is no such thing as too much penetration.

Thats super fast! What do you think the Mathews Halon 5" and the Bowtech reign 6 would shoot with your setup?

I am shooting an Obsession Def-con 7 I picked up used recently. I have been shooting a Mathews reezen 6.5 . I am really liking the draw and consistency I am getting with the Obsession. I am shooting 70lbs at 29" Easton axis 340's
Need to get it through a Chrono soon. I like it better than my reezen.....which I have LOVED....for the past 4-5 years....lol

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back