Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Personal YouTube channels

C_Dick_Run

What is the Hunt Talk policy on sharing links to YouTube videos/channels? I like the live hunt section but have expanded with having more than just pictures to share. With it being that Hunt Talk and Randy's channel are so closely linked it seems like it could take something away from that, and I don't want to conflict any interests or get banned. Big Fin if you read this could you please elaborate. Thanks

You are allowed to share your own personal YouTube channel as long as you aren't trying to compete with us or one of our sponsors. (As in you should PM Randy if you have a professionally produced show with sponsors or are trying to sell specific products, but are probably fine otherwise.)

We have a few members on here who have a good track record of sharing their own hunts through various video platforms, and I think they are pretty well received here on HT.

Send me a PM with your channel link and I'll look at it. If it is othet than personal videos, with promotion of products, companies, or supported by other social media platforms, I usually don't allow it.

Again, send me the link and any additional details. Thanks much for asking in advance.

I am very unfamiliar with youtube channels. Say I was to start one of films of my personal hunts. No promotion, sponsors, or compensation in any way. Is there a point, say a number of views etc, that I would start to get paid by youtube?

I am very unfamiliar with youtube channels. Say I was to start one of films of my personal hunts. No promotion, sponsors, or compensation in any way. Is there a point, say a number of views etc, that I would start to get paid by youtube?

You have to monetize it. Once you start getting enough attention adds will be attached and you get paid a "high" price according to number of people who watch thru the add. If you have a pretty good video, you might be able to buy a cup of coffee from the ad revenue. If you have a lot of good videos you might be able to buy a coffee mug. That's the simple version according to how I understand it.
If you are a stickler for details and film on public lands, once you monetize videos they cease to be strictly for personal use and you are now subject to being required to have filming permits. The current cost of permits/profit is radical enough that even a kindergartner can understand the economic futility of thinking you can be legal and rely on ads alone to pay your way.

You have to monetize it. Once you start getting enough attention adds will be attached and you get paid a "high" price according to number of people who watch thru the add. If you have a pretty good video, you might be able to buy a cup of coffee from the ad revenue. If you have a lot of good videos you might be able to buy a coffee mug. That's the simple version according to how I understand it.
If you are a stickler for details and film on public lands, once you monetize videos they cease to be strictly for personal use and you are now subject to being required to have filming permits. The current cost of permits/profit is radical enough that even a kindergartner can understand the economic futility of thinking you can be legal and rely on ads alone to pay your way.
Just the info I was looking for! Especially the last part. I've strongly considered dropping the coin on a lower tier, commercial filming setup to film mine and especially my kids hunts with no aspirations of making a dime. Just wouldn't want to run afoul...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back