Hammer Bullets, anyone use them?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Anyone used or know anyone that has used their products? Worth the money?

Mtmuley, do you know these guys?

Interesting looking products. Wish they had a bit more info on the differences between the models.

Interesting looking products. Wish they had a bit more info on the differences between the models.

I called the company and spoke with the owner. Hopefully I translate this correctly, the Hammer Hunter has a higher BC, smaller hollow point, and will perform better at longer ranges. The Sledge Hammer allows you to shoot a heavier bullet for the given barrel twist rate, has a larger hollow point, and will open better at lower velocities. Both will open reliably to 1800 fps. He said the 124 grain Hunter would be a great bullet for the 6.5 Hipster.

Steve, one of the owners is a lifelong friend of mine. Super sharp guy regarding mono bullets. 1-Pointer, call Steve with any questions. He will gladly talk bullets. I have several different weights in different calibers. So far just paper punching. I hadn't mentioned this in an open forum because of the Nosler connection here. Anone can pm me with questions also. mtmuley

Check out LRH forum. Long range hunting. He posts lots of results there. They seem like a great choice if you like monolithic bullets and are pretty accurate.

They also have their own forums. That would be a good place for questions also. The link is on their site. mtmuley

JLS- Thanks for the info!

mtmuley- I will if I have any further questions. Those 80gr .243" bullets look like they'd work perfectly for the 243 my oldest will be using this year.

JLS- Thanks for the info!

mtmuley- I will if I have any further questions. Those 80gr .243" bullets look like they'd work perfectly for the 243 my oldest will be using this year.

Let me know if you decide to load the 80's. I have data with 3 or 4 different powders. I have a load that shoots at about .5 in my kids rifles. Steve really wants me to start using Hammers. With the time proven loads I already have, it's gonna be a slow process. I have also loaded Hammers in .270, .30-06 (my rifle loves the 166's) and .300 RUM. mtmuley

Will do and thanks for the offer! I like the idea of the higher speed of the lighter bullet and the reduction in recoil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back