Heard MT sold out the 17,000 - non-residents panic

Just buy a leftover big game combo they are only $150 or so more than elk combo

Buying a Big Game Combo is possible, but there is likely to be competition. Better buy the first minute, of the first day they go on sale. I'd call the FWP to get an accurate date. Don't take any chances.

so for those of you saying to just buy a big game combo, why do you believe those will be available at a later date? I was unsuccessful in drawing the big game combo during the lottery. Doesn't make much sense to get turned down in the lottery for some to be remaining later on. I understand some ppl are going to return there combos when not drawing for the permit.

I saw a guy on facebook his big game combo went from successful and the next day showed unsuccessful then the following day it showed successful.

This same thing happened to me. I thought I was losing my mind...LOL. I was told to just wait it out a couple of days....the suspense builds!!

Drew our elk combo as a group. Has been successful since Monday. Didn't get the 380 tag though. Lol. Wondering if guys who didn't get an elk combo are people who put that if they don't get their first choice want their money back and no tag?

In reading these posts I'm becoming more hopeful. Our group was unsuccessful for the big game combo so we started planning an Idaho hunt. But maybe there is still a chance that our unsuccessful will switch to successful?

-Mike

So our group was not drawn for the big game combo but two of the four of us got individual NR big game combo tags. One person is gonna try to get the left over elk combo tags and the other is undecided and really wanted the chance to take a mule deer. It sounds like there may be some big game combo tags turned back in if the person didn't get there preferred elk permit so just asking what are the chances this guy gets a shot at a returned big game combo? I realize it's crap shoot but I was under the impression that a group draw was a group draw all or none! How many other groups got broken up? Talked to a guy at the MT license number and said you realize this process could break up a father/son or in my case my cousin and friend from our group. Would have been more fair for keeping the peace in the family if we were not thrown back in to the individual draw after or group wasn't drawn.

All it took was a massive winter kill in WY and CO to "help" MT sell their tags.

I put 13 points down for a "winter kill area" in CO... Will still be a better hunt than MT.

Alas, the beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I am just fine hunting my general units here in MT. Have fun in Colorado sir.

Back