Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Moose & Caribou Combo

You forgot to budget for Alaska Bush Company in the cost breakdown....

Never been there. I have family in Alaska, so before/after my hunts I see my sisters and their families, and my cousins. I do realize that's an attraction for a lot of the hunters that visit Alaska tho. :)

if you get a chanice to go with Mike,I'd highly recommend it.He has it all figured out and his camps are nice and comfortable.Unless it rains 3 days straight,lol.His packing list is one I'd use.He loves his caribou hunts though and honestly they are a ton of fun

My father did this combo hunt back in 1990 self guided. He was dropped off by float plane. He killed a 60" moose and a nice caribou. His hunting partner killed a caribou but opted to pass on the moose after he seen how much work was involved in packing out a 1600 lb animal

My best friend and I are doing a moose/caribou combo with 40 Mile this fall. It's his 4th Alaska hunt, he's bagged caribou previously but a moose is on his bucket list. I'll have both moose and bou tags, he's after moose only. Going in for 11 days, can't wait! Every remote Alaska hunt is the adventure of a lifetime in my book.

A big bull moose can be equivalent to packing out five bull caribou,
so it is something to consider before pulling the trigger.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back