Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

MT Draw Week

Sure glad I drew my NR big game combo since I'm gonna be a living there this August! Now just got to get my antelope bow tag and fall bear tag to round it out for this season, can't wait to be a MT resident, sucks I have to pay NR fees this year. Livin' my dream! :)

So the Big game Combo obviously had more applicants than tags and I can tell you the Elk Combo did as well because my group did not get drawn. We have the worst luck ever with tags. We always lose out, unless it is 100%. I have never, not once in 6 times drawn a tag that I didn't have 100% odds in. The odds are pretty good I will get denied trying to buy an OTC tag!!!!! Goldang it!

baz77 and MNElkNut sorry to hear that. That fricken blows. Kind of shocking...

On the plus side, there is always Idaho! Good luck in the remaining draws this spring.

So the Big game Combo obviously had more applicants than tags and I can tell you the Elk Combo did as well because my group did not get drawn. We have the worst luck ever with tags. We always lose out, unless it is 100%. I have never, not once in 6 times drawn a tag that I didn't have 100% odds in. The odds are pretty good I will get denied trying to buy an OTC tag!!!!! Goldang it!

Did u apply for sp permits ? Or just the gen elk combo ?

wait, I just found out one our guys did the big game combo, so that may be what kicked us out. So scratch the supposition that the elk combo sold out until it can be verified.

I don't believe that there were more applicants than tags ... must be guys that elected to get their $ back if no luck in the permit draw . They just haven't moved the permits out of pending yet. Maybe , just a thought . Or maybe it was way more applicants than I ever expected

I don't believe that there were more applicants than tags ... must be guys that elected to get their $ back if no luck in the permit draw . They just haven't moved the permits out of pending yet. Maybe , just a thought . Or maybe it was way more applicants than I ever expected

I selected to send me a general tag if I didn't draw the permit.

Don't underestimate all the advertising Montana elk hunting has been getting from the new P&Y world record raising the state's profile. It was what I predicted might happen, if it ends up being the case that the big game combo are over subscribed for the first time in years.

This is crazy, it's been years since it sold out. Oh well so it goes......... I m still not sure it's really "Sold out" , but maybe?

Last edited:
So if I did not draw the big game combo, does that mean I get a bigger refund? Because that would make my day!

I selected to send me a general tag if I didn't draw the permit.

but you applied as a party, did the party memebers select the same option ? there must be some reason you didn't get... I don't believe that the combos sold out....

If it sells out Randy should go ahead and start promoting some new products and services b/c people are buying a lot of what he's selling.

but you applied as a party, did the party memebers select the same option ? there must be some reason you didn't get... I don't believe that the combos sold out....

The way I always understood it was the "party permits" all had to be exactly the same or they would all be rejected? I don't know if that's true or not. We got our party permit so maybe?

The way I always understood it was the "party permits" all had to be exactly the same or they would all be rejected? I don't know if that's true or not. We got our party permit so maybe?

Bob, you got your permit or your combo tags? for our group all our permits are still in pending .

I read it as the points averaging out this year. I thought the same though with everyone needing the same number. But the wording mentioned averaging the points out for the party if I remember right.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back