Caribou Gear

MT Draw Week

Umm... I know they did the drawing for this unit already given the other threads... any idea whats up?
deer.JPG

I would be interested in hearing from FWP a step-by-step process of specifically how they hold their draw, what IT problems they encountered, what they need to do to fix it, etc..

If you can't draw second choice on a party tag, that is news to me as well considering I have done it twice

Having an IT mistake is one thing, if what fin said happened to his friend is true, unless the rules on party tags have been changed, is downright unacceptable.

I drew 410 archery elk.. Didn't put in for any mulie units.

Congrats to all who drew!

Got a unit 310-45 elk tag as a third choice. Trying to decide whether to hunt that unit or look somewhere else due to all the stories I've heard about predator numbers.
Congrats to everyone else whe drew!

Got my 900-20 archery permit, now just have to decide where I'm going to take it. No go on the 270 deer permit with 0 points, unbelievable. Good luck everyone, let the scouting begin. Let's see if we can crash Google Maps & Cadastral.

It seems like after a long dry spell, lightning tends to strike twice near the same spot. My daughter drew the same Breaks rifle tag as I did. We put in separately to maximize our odds of one person in our family drawing a good tag. Now we have two!

After riding this roller coaster all week and not taking off my lucky socks, in the end we got our tag! MT here we come!

Well my brother in law and I drew rifle breaks bull tags. He's had a few close calls but hasn't killed an elk yet. This should be a great opportunity to get his first elk! Congrats to all who drew tags. This is going to be a great year!

Grats to all who drew! Wow, some good peeps scored some great tags!

Major win for The Martin's family! Gerald, what an epic hunt that will be!
I drew the big T-Rex EGG. Well not totally true, I gained another set of points. :)

Last edited:
MT is still researching my drawing results. It says I was successful drawing a Breaks Bull tag but was unsuccessful drawing a Big Game combo. It also states my Deer Permit appl is still pending. I'm either going to be really happy or not so much.

MT is still researching my drawing results. It says I was successful drawing a Breaks Bull tag but was unsuccessful drawing a Big Game combo. It also states my Deer Permit appl is still pending. I'm either going to be really happy or not so much.

That's really messed up. I think at this point they'd have to give it to you, but it makes you wonder how many other people are in the same boat and how many tags they'd have to over-issue in the process. What a crappy couple weeks for FWP.

I had a similar thing happen didn't draw a bull tag so my combo was refunded so I wasn't put into the deer draw... which means my deer permit still says pending... seems like Montana needs to get on board with literally every other state and let you apply for deer and elk permits independently. I mean you technically can but it's a huge headache.

Tell them to give you my refunded combo.

I would be interested in hearing from FWP a step-by-step process of specifically how they hold their draw, what IT problems they encountered, what they need to do to fix it, etc..

If you can't draw second choice on a party tag, that is news to me as well considering I have done it twice

Having an IT mistake is one thing, if what fin said happened to his friend is true, unless the rules on party tags have been changed, is downright unacceptable.

I would still be interested in this. It seems like the draw was about as much of a certified clusterf+*k as the democratic primary. (minus intent, of course)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back