MT Draw Week

Correct. How can unlimited districts go first, when they are most often second choice?

It doesn't really matter if an unlimited district is our, as hunter's, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice. The reason they do unlimited districts first is because of 310-45 and 310-46... If you aren't a holder of permit 310-45, then you won't get 310-46. The only way to guarantee that is do 310-45 drawing and all unlimited districts drawings first.

my hunting partner screw up and did not join the party app. It looks like I got drawn, he won't . He may or may not get a general tag but we have never hunted a general area before. Crap

Permit draw is showing finally. Got my second choice

I didn't get first or second choice (900). Kind of expected that. Thankfully, lots of great archery elk hunting close to the house. Congrats to all who drew.

9 years running w/ no joy on LE Elk.

Gonna go burn something down to the ground now. Be right back.

It doesn't really matter if an unlimited district is our, as hunter's, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice. The reason they do unlimited districts first is because of 310-45 and 310-46... If you aren't a holder of permit 310-45, then you won't get 310-46. The only way to guarantee that is do 310-45 drawing and all unlimited districts drawings first.

I'm not following ya. What if you apply for 410 in the breaks first choice, then 310-45 second. How can they draw your second choice, first?

My dad and I drew 1st choice as a party. Really looking forward to sharing the season with him. Hopefully FWP got it right this time through and doesn't switch it!

This is really funny. So, you're saying if you don't apply for 310-45, you can't get a buffer zone permit? There's a lot of folks who are unaware of this strategy. :D FYI, I didn't draw 310-45, but it was my second choice. I drew my first choice, a limited quota, and not 310-46.

This is really funny. So, you're saying if you don't apply for 310-45, you can't get a buffer zone permit? There's a lot of folks who are unaware of this strategy. :D FYI, I didn't draw 310-45, but it was my second choice. I drew my first choice, a limited quota, and not 310-46.

Congrats Kurt! I drew first choice as well...should be an awesome season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back