MT Draw Week

I called the office and the recording said to start checking the MyFwp page starting April 20th, which is Thursday. Not sure if they are just trying to set expectations low so we are all pleased when they come out earlier than that or if we truly will have to wait til then to find out.
Based on this new development, I shall continue to refresh the page every couple of minutes.

I saw where FWP responded to a comment on facebook asking about it and they said;

"They will not be out today, but will be out in the next couple days. We will keep you posted. Thanks!"

Am I the only one who thinks that in today's day and age the fact that FWP can't specify a drawing date is a bit archaic? Maybe I don't know the exact details that go into the drawings, but it seems like everything should be electronic and able to run and show the results of it rather easily.

If you want to find out in august and get your tag a day before the season apply in North Dakota

Am I the only one who thinks that in today's day and age the fact that FWP can't specify a drawing date is a bit archaic? Maybe I don't know the exact details that go into the drawings, but it seems like everything should be electronic and able to run and show the results of it rather easily.

I'm just happy they are released in April. Gives people a lot of time in advance to plan their hunts. I'm betting they will no longer be in pending status by 1 pm tomorrow. Good luck all!

I have two gear wish lists, each dependant on if a special permit is drawn. One list includes a Steripen. The other includes large amounts of mosquito dope and tire chains.

Last edited:

They have to process paper apps, but yes, it seems like there must be some technology that could be utilized to speed the 32+ day process up by about 25 days or so.

Almost as silly as how sometimes quotas or regulations are finalized after the opening of the app period.

Not really silly as that's when flights survey are being completed. LE mule deer especially.

In theory you should know how many of something you have before issueing permits for that something.

Am I the only one who checks their status at 5am in hopes that a leprechaun was up all night working on the draw? Safe to say, no leprechauns work for FWP :)

I would NOT want to work for the FWP during weeks like this. I'm sure they get pounded with the same questions / comments until the draw status is published.

Good luck to everyone!

I refuse to log in and look until people start posting they have results. Every year I look and never draw. You could call it my "strategery". It is taking all I have not to log in.

It's begun! My items held show the big came combo. I will be for sure chasing elk in the Big Sky state next fall!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back