Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: MT Draw Week

Still waiting on my deer combo to show up
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2016 (but I'm still damned sexy)

Well, it's another season of anxiety for all. This will be the final year that I have applied for a sheep tag. Getting on in years and believe a younger hunter may be fortunate to draw this coveted tag in his hunting years. I will not apply for sheep, moose or mountain goat after this season. But, I have hope to draw a tag for elk in the "Breaks" country some day as I have property on the Musselshell in that area. I have been fortunate enough to draw and harvest a good billy in the Cabinets. But, not again as this is a younger mans adventure of mountain climbing, pain, anxious waiting and all that goes with mountain goat hunting. I wish all to draw the tag of their dreams. To climb the mountains and shoot straight. Good luck to all! MTG

Quote Originally Posted by MTGunner View Post
    Well, it's another season of anxiety for all. This will be the final year that I have applied for a sheep tag. Getting on in years and believe a younger hunter may be fortunate to draw this coveted tag in his hunting years. I will not apply for sheep, moose or mountain goat after this season. But, I have hope to draw a tag for elk in the "Breaks" country some day as I have property on the Musselshell in that area. I have been fortunate enough to draw and harvest a good billy in the Cabinets. But, not again as this is a younger mans adventure of mountain climbing, pain, anxious waiting and all that goes with mountain goat hunting. I wish all to draw the tag of their dreams. To climb the mountains and shoot straight. Good luck to all! MTG
    Hope you get that tag! I may be in a similar situation re age and health but took a different path after last season ended and I reviewed my hunts. Instead of chasing 50 tags a year while building points on another 30, I changed my strategy on elk, deer and pronghorn to be either point savers or the highest-demand tag in the draw. I still am applying for the "mountain" tags for sheep, goat, moose and bison. I do accept I will now need a guide on about any mountain hunt I draw so I can lighten my pack load and have help if take a tumble. Effectively, I might draw one or two more mountain tags based on my 30 year track record. I most likely will only hunt elk, deer or pronghorn if a sibling wants to do a mild terrain hunt out West. If I do pull in a long shot in the mean time, will go guided. I have been hunting 2 - 4 drawn tags each fall unguided, and mostly solo, but time waits for no man.

a first for me. hunted "all" the other states. Guess it is time to give Montana a try.
    Starting from scratch on this one....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    >>>---------------->
    Hostess Donettes pro staff

5. Default

I really, really hope you draw that sheep tag!

Quote Originally Posted by rmyoung1 View Post
    I really, really hope you draw that sheep tag!
    Same. Good luck!!

So who according to the MFWP site has drawn an elk combo but has yet to get it in the mail?

Did not draw a sheep tag. Good enough as I have enjoyed nearly 60 years of hunting adventure from North America to South Africa to New Zealand, Alaska, Canada and more. I have been a very fortunate hunter conservationist. I owe the sport much. I truly hope you all draw the tag of your dreams. BTW, I am not done hunting...merely slowing and carefully choosing my opportunities to enjoy our adventurous sport. MTG

9. Default

Did not draw a sheep tag. Good enough as I have enjoyed nearly 60 years of hunting adventure from North America to South Africa to New Zealand, Alaska, Canada and more. I have been a very fortunate hunter conservationist. I owe the sport much. I truly hope you all draw the tag of your dreams. BTW, I am not done hunting...merely slowing and carefully choosing my opportunities to enjoy our adventurous sport. MTG
    Darn it! I absolutely love your attitude and perspective though. I hope I'm like you when I reach 60 years of hunting.

Are NR's still waiting to get their tags in the mail? I still haven't gotten my deer combo
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

I got mine a couple weeks ago, and mine were days after others on here were saying theirs had arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCushman View Post
    Are NR's still waiting to get their tags in the mail? I still haven't gotten my deer combo
    We got ours 2 weeks ago. Maybe give FWP a call on Monday. They have had a rough spring with their computer systems unfortunately.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks. I'd call to check on this if you don't get the tag in the mail today.

Already received my NR combo tag also....

I called last week and they are reissuing mine.

I called last week and they are reissuing mine.
    'The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.' Thomas Paine

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314