Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

MT Draw Week

Well, I have finally accepted the fact that I did not draw the MT General Deer Combo. Pinning my hopes on a 2nd choice regional tag in Wyoming now.

You can put your name on the alternate list for montana to may be able to get a tag that way . As for Wyoming I know for sure region A usually has leftover tags .?

MT is still researching my drawing results. It says I was successful drawing a Breaks Bull tag but was unsuccessful drawing a Big Game combo. It also states my Deer Permit appl is still pending. I'm either going to be really happy or not so much.

Just following up. I got my elk permit in the mail today! Although I've hunted deer many times in MT, this will be my first elk hunt there.

Well, it's another season of anxiety for all. This will be the final year that I have applied for a sheep tag. Getting on in years and believe a younger hunter may be fortunate to draw this coveted tag in his hunting years. I will not apply for sheep, moose or mountain goat after this season. But, I have hope to draw a tag for elk in the "Breaks" country some day as I have property on the Musselshell in that area. I have been fortunate enough to draw and harvest a good billy in the Cabinets. But, not again as this is a younger mans adventure of mountain climbing, pain, anxious waiting and all that goes with mountain goat hunting. I wish all to draw the tag of their dreams. To climb the mountains and shoot straight. Good luck to all! MTG

Well, it's another season of anxiety for all. This will be the final year that I have applied for a sheep tag. Getting on in years and believe a younger hunter may be fortunate to draw this coveted tag in his hunting years. I will not apply for sheep, moose or mountain goat after this season. But, I have hope to draw a tag for elk in the "Breaks" country some day as I have property on the Musselshell in that area. I have been fortunate enough to draw and harvest a good billy in the Cabinets. But, not again as this is a younger mans adventure of mountain climbing, pain, anxious waiting and all that goes with mountain goat hunting. I wish all to draw the tag of their dreams. To climb the mountains and shoot straight. Good luck to all! MTG

Hope you get that tag! I may be in a similar situation re age and health but took a different path after last season ended and I reviewed my hunts. Instead of chasing 50 tags a year while building points on another 30, I changed my strategy on elk, deer and pronghorn to be either point savers or the highest-demand tag in the draw. I still am applying for the "mountain" tags for sheep, goat, moose and bison. I do accept I will now need a guide on about any mountain hunt I draw so I can lighten my pack load and have help if take a tumble. Effectively, I might draw one or two more mountain tags based on my 30 year track record. I most likely will only hunt elk, deer or pronghorn if a sibling wants to do a mild terrain hunt out West. If I do pull in a long shot in the mean time, will go guided. I have been hunting 2 - 4 drawn tags each fall unguided, and mostly solo, but time waits for no man.

a first for me. hunted "all" the other states. Guess it is time to give Montana a try.
Starting from scratch on this one....

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 647

I really, really hope you draw that sheep tag!

Did not draw a sheep tag. Good enough as I have enjoyed nearly 60 years of hunting adventure from North America to South Africa to New Zealand, Alaska, Canada and more. I have been a very fortunate hunter conservationist. I owe the sport much. I truly hope you all draw the tag of your dreams. BTW, I am not done hunting...merely slowing and carefully choosing my opportunities to enjoy our adventurous sport. MTG

Did not draw a sheep tag. Good enough as I have enjoyed nearly 60 years of hunting adventure from North America to South Africa to New Zealand, Alaska, Canada and more. I have been a very fortunate hunter conservationist. I owe the sport much. I truly hope you all draw the tag of your dreams. BTW, I am not done hunting...merely slowing and carefully choosing my opportunities to enjoy our adventurous sport. MTG

Darn it! I absolutely love your attitude and perspective though. I hope I'm like you when I reach 60 years of hunting.

I got mine a couple weeks ago, and mine were days after others on here were saying theirs had arrived...

Back