Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MT Draw Week

Quote Originally Posted by shoots-straight View Post
    I'm looking for the same thing tjones is. Weird how that happened.Attachment 70023
    Thats fantastic! congratulations.

Holy smokes. I don't ever recall a year where so many Hunt Talk folks drew so many Montana permits for great deer and elk hunts. Gonna be some fun stories and pics getting posted here this season.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

3. Default

It does seem like a lot . Just sad I'm not one of them oh well still got the gen big game combo

Just got off the phone with FWPs, they wont have my situation squared away till next week sometime

Nothing but more points for me again.

Looking through the posts, If you take away the 900 and unlimited tags, it doesn't seem like that many guys drew premium type tags this year. Especially for Mule Deer; couple tough to get tags for a few here, but less than a handful.

Good luck to the fortunate few who drew really good tags, we will all live vicariously through you.

Umm... I know they did the drawing for this unit already given the other threads... any idea whats up?
    Name:  deer.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  12.1 KB

I would be interested in hearing from FWP a step-by-step process of specifically how they hold their draw, what IT problems they encountered, what they need to do to fix it, etc..

If you can't draw second choice on a party tag, that is news to me as well considering I have done it twice

Having an IT mistake is one thing, if what fin said happened to his friend is true, unless the rules on party tags have been changed, is downright unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMT View Post

She said "we don't have to hunt together"
    I have the same tag. Most likely fate. We will be fine on the mountain....without you. ;-)

I drew 410 archery elk.. Didn't put in for any mulie units.

Congrats to all who drew!

Got a unit 310-45 elk tag as a third choice. Trying to decide whether to hunt that unit or look somewhere else due to all the stories I've heard about predator numbers.
    Congrats to everyone else whe drew!
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by shoots-straight View Post
    I'm looking for the same thing tjones is. Weird how that happened.

Attachment 70023
    Hey, that was my tag! You better get out of my crawlspace Shoots, and start doing some scouting.
    Wood is Good treefarmsystem.org

Got my 900-20 archery permit, now just have to decide where I'm going to take it. No go on the 270 deer permit with 0 points, unbelievable. Good luck everyone, let the scouting begin. Let's see if we can crash Google Maps & Cadastral.

Name:  forky.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  7.7 KB

Yep it's my year!

Congrats to you Rooters!!!!
    Walmart Athlete and Ambassador
    Costco Prostaff
    Equipment by Harbor Freight

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career

14. Default

It seems like after a long dry spell, lightning tends to strike twice near the same spot. My daughter drew the same Breaks rifle tag as I did. We put in separately to maximize our odds of one person in our family drawing a good tag. Now we have two!

Good for you and your daughter Gerald. I hope you guys get some nice bulls.

go get er done Gerald! should be a great hunt with lots of action
    "Equality in access to Montana elk is not basic to the maintenance or wellbeing of the Union." -US SUPCO

After riding this roller coaster all week and not taking off my lucky socks, in the end we got our tag! MT here we come!

Well guys...I went 0-fer so that selflessly, you could draw your tags. Your welcome

Well my brother in law and I drew rifle breaks bull tags. He's had a few close calls but hasn't killed an elk yet. This should be a great opportunity to get his first elk! Congrats to all who drew tags. This is going to be a great year!

Grats to all who drew! Wow, some good peeps scored some great tags!

Major win for The Martin's family! Gerald, what an epic hunt that will be!
    I drew the big T-Rex EGG. Well not totally true, I gained another set of points.
    Last edited by Sytes; 04-23-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice

Rockin' HT's 2017 MLB Champion - Hall of Famer. Giving Pete Rose a run for his $$$

21. Default

MT is still researching my drawing results. It says I was successful drawing a Breaks Bull tag but was unsuccessful drawing a Big Game combo. It also states my Deer Permit appl is still pending. I'm either going to be really happy or not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael98576 View Post
    MT is still researching my drawing results. It says I was successful drawing a Breaks Bull tag but was unsuccessful drawing a Big Game combo. It also states my Deer Permit appl is still pending. I'm either going to be really happy or not so much.
    That's really messed up. I think at this point they'd have to give it to you, but it makes you wonder how many other people are in the same boat and how many tags they'd have to over-issue in the process. What a crappy couple weeks for FWP.

I had a similar thing happen didn't draw a bull tag so my combo was refunded so I wasn't put into the deer draw... which means my deer permit still says pending... seems like Montana needs to get on board with literally every other state and let you apply for deer and elk permits independently. I mean you technically can but it's a huge headache.

Tell them to give you my refunded combo.

Quote Originally Posted by MTGomer View Post
    I would be interested in hearing from FWP a step-by-step process of specifically how they hold their draw, what IT problems they encountered, what they need to do to fix it, etc..

If you can't draw second choice on a party tag, that is news to me as well considering I have done it twice

Having an IT mistake is one thing, if what fin said happened to his friend is true, unless the rules on party tags have been changed, is downright unacceptable.

I would still be interested in this. It seems like the draw was about as much of a certified clusterf+*k as the democratic primary. (minus intent, of course)

25. Default

Wow - Now mines showing I drew 270-50 mule deer!
    I'll pass on the Kool-Aid.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast