Eberlestock j34?

JWhunter

I am looking at buying a j34 for this upcoming fall to hunt central Idaho, just curious if anyone has used this pack or others thoughts on it?

I was looking at the J34 and the Dragonfly. I looked at some other brands as well. I ended up going with The Outdoorsmans Optic Hunter pack. Check it out, I believe it to be one of the best "do all" packs out there.

I'm not sure how much they've re-designed or changed their overall concept, but I had an older Just One J104, I must have bought in 2005 or 2006. I ended up selling it because it was just way too heavy, and when it came to packing heavy loads, you could not get the weight to ride evenly, it just bore straight into your shoulders. I packed out several deer and an elk with it, and got to the point where I just hated to carry it. I have since upgraded to a EXO Mountain and it is an absolute delight to carry compared to the Eberlestock I had. If they havent really updated the design from 2005-6 I would say you are better off watching the popular forum classifieds and finding a Kifaru, EXO, Stone Glacier used, just my .02 worth!

I'm not sure how much they've re-designed or changed their overall concept, but I had an older Just One J104, I must have bought in 2005 or 2006. I ended up selling it because it was just way too heavy, and when it came to packing heavy loads, you could not get the weight to ride evenly, it just bore straight into your shoulders. I packed out several deer and an elk with it, and got to the point where I just hated to carry it. I have since upgraded to a EXO Mountain and it is an absolute delight to carry compared to the Eberlestock I had. If they havent really updated the design from 2005-6 I would say you are better off watching the popular forum classifieds and finding a Kifaru, EXO, Stone Glacier used, just my .02 worth!

I would agree with this. They're a heavy pack and I totally agree that the weight just all goes on your shoulders. I've tried all sorts of adjustments on it and can't get it much better. I just checked their website and they're still 7 and a half pounds. I would definitely say look at other options.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back