WY Antelope Doe Tag ?

bbright

Go Hunt doesn't have odds for doe tags. I have enough points for my boys to be drawn. Would like to get a couple doe tags as well. I could use a little help confirming the Wyoming historical statistics (https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Drawing-Odds/2015-Drawing-Odds). These appear to vary widely year-to-year. The resident doe tags seem to be way undersubscribed for the most part. While the non-resident doe tags seem to be severely oversubscribed. In fact, more non-resident are putting in 1st choice than quota in the South Central and North East areas I'm considering for my main tags. So my question is how do I get a doe tag if most are already scooped up in the 1st draw? Do the "resident" tags go into the left over category because the non-resident quota is achieved in 1st choice applicants or do the surplus of resident doe tags not taken get taken by surplus of non-resident 1st choice applicants? Many have stated that it is possible to get multiple doe tags but I'm struggling to figure out how to get one. Any tips for a novice Antelope guy on how the system works so I can do my homework? Thanks!

Resident tags not drawn in first draw move over to the NR drawing. Ant tags left over after that go to the left over draw. Lots of residents used to pick up doe tags after the draw in the reduced price left over list. With a left over draw for this year I bet not as many will be going into the NR draw pool. I will sure be applying for my 2 doe tags in the first draw this year, not waiting to pick them up after. Apply for up to 2 doe tags then you can apply for 2 more in the left over draw, any area you want we're all in the leftover draw together.

Thanks WyTex. So Residents like yourself will have first dibs on the doe tags in first choice right? NR and Res are luck of the draw in 2nd choice if I understand you correctly? Sounds like NR will struggle to get doe tags this year though if others do like you and apply 1st choice. The doe tag odds seem to be all over the place.

The quota is set before the resident and NR draw but many years NR get more tags due to leftovers from the resident side. You'll still get your quota set aside for the NR draw just may not have the extras this year. Should be plenty of tags to go around, just don't count on leftovers for the leftover draw.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back