Who went out and saw some bears today?

LandDiver

I didn't make it out. Wife wanted to start the search for our next ride in prep for baby, and tomorrow is Easter. I'll have a day here and there in the comings weeks when she doesn't work.

How'd you all do? Anybody see any bears? Get a stalk on any?

I know of a couple others in state who were about as lucky as you guys with the bear sightings. Yesterday morning was just to cold for no reason here lol!

Didn't even think about it. Doc saysaid nothing bigger than 22 for at least another month. Besides, with a 10 lbs lifting limit I'd be useless if I saw one. Still feeling sorry for myself, but it's healing.

I'm still chasing turkeys. All the reports from my buddies are no sightings and just one that has seen sign. That was lower in the valley.

Didn't even think about it. Doc saysaid nothing bigger than 22 for at least another month. Besides, with a 10 lbs lifting limit I'd be useless if I saw one. Still feeling sorry for myself, but it's healing.

Shucks man hope all is well with you. Sorry to hear this. I've been out at the range and realized my vision in my right eye (dominant eye)is blurry while my left eye is perfect. I thought it was just the first day rust but a few more times at the range told me something is going on. I won't be hitting the mountains till I can see perfectly clear through my peep again. Got an appointment but it's not till May.

I started out the turkey/bear season with the plan to take two good toms as soon as possible and for once it worked out better than i could have hoped for. Two days, two epic stalks filled equal parts strategy and luck, and i couldnt be happier. Now time for bears and sighting in a new tikka 25-06. In two days and a little over 10 miles, untold amounts of deer, a few grouse, quite a few turkeys, and unfortunately no bears or bear sign. Lots of slopes grassing up nicely though.
Best of luck

I started out the turkey/bear season with the plan to take two good toms as soon as possible and for once it worked out better than i could have hoped for. Two days, two epic stalks filled equal parts strategy and luck, and i couldnt be happier. Now time for bears and sighting in a new tikka 25-06. In two days and a little over 10 miles, untold amounts of deer, a few grouse, quite a few turkeys, and unfortunately no bears or bear sign. Lots of slopes grassing up nicely though.
Best of luck

Right on! Congrats on keeping to your word ha ha. Hopefully the luck streak carries on to a bear. Keep us posted.

I'm in the same boat as many others. Green grass is sprouting, some leafy plants, I've seen elk and deer but not a hint of bear or sign yet

I'm in same boat, just found out that I have a cataract in right eye. Hope you fare better!

Shucks man hope all is well with you. Sorry to hear this. I've been out at the range and realized my vision in my right eye (dominant eye)is blurry while my left eye is perfect. I thought it was just the first day rust but a few more times at the range told me something is going on. I won't be hitting the mountains till I can see perfectly clear through my peep again. Got an appointment but it's not till May.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back