Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best "bargain" 10X binoculars

AZtransplant

Hi all,

I recently relocated to Arizona. I've bowhunted whitetails in IL and WI for about 15 years now, but I've never hunted out west. I'm working on starting to build up a base of western equipment, and I need a decent set of binoculars.

I'm looking to see if we can get a consensus on one or two sets of 10X binoculars that are "best in class" at under $400 (possibly even under $300).

Thanks in advance,

--Mike

I have been using Vanguard ED. They just made the best buy again in one of the hunting magazines. I have had mine in freezing, hot & humid, dropped and they hold up well. Bass used to sell them don't know anymore.

I picked up 10x50 vortex diamondback.

Fantastic!

Last edited:
I've learned the hard way that its better to go large at first than to buy a series of glasses, each progressively more expensive than the last, looking for something better. Get yourself a Leica Ultravid now. Its THE top of the heap in binoculars. It will set you back "muy grande dinero", however you will spend as much looking and buying "cheaper" glasses over the years. Go first class in the beginning, it will pay off. GJ

I'm a vortex guy, I have a set of 10x42 crossfires and 10x50 diamondbacks. Quality glass for the price . They have the best customer service hands down.

I really like my Vortex Diamonback 10x42. I run them on a tripod and have been happy with the results.

I would love to buy some higher end optics, but I would have to take a few hunting trips off to afford them, so the choice is easy.

It can be tough, but try to test out the nocs you are interested in. I typically buy gold ring leupold optics but I've had good luck with Minox optics.

Ziess terra maybe? I have one of their scopes and I'm impressed with it.

I really like Vortex at that price point, but have also had really good luck with the Nikon Monarchs. I would recommend watching classifies ads and ebay to pick up a used pair, that way if you choose to upgrade later you can sell them for roughly the same price (I have even made money buy finding some really good bargains). When buying used I really like Vortex and Leupold Gold Rings, because I know that both companies will fix any problems without a question.

My next statement could cause some controversy, so please do see me as trying to start a fight. I am only trying to show a different perspective of what was said above. I struggle paying the money for "alpha" glass (Ziess, Swaro, Lieca...) upfront because there is a definite law of diminishing return and there are many people that will have the exact same experience and success with lower priced glass. Matter of fact, think about taking the saved money and putting it towards a hunt to two you can be well ahead.

I personally started with a pair of Nikon Monarchs that I really loved. I sold them to a buddy after a couple of years and bought a used pair of Leupold Gold Ring switch powers (10-17x42) that I am super happy with. I can't believe that they were not more popular. I have looked through Swaros, Zeiss and Leicas on many occasions and can see a difference, but it seems pretty slight to me. I worked with a biologist (big time birder) whose Swaros broke couple years ago and had to send them in for repair. While in the shop she asked if she could barrow mine Gold Rings. When her Swaros came back she had a hard time giving mine back. She felt the difference in image quality was minimal and the ability to switch over to 17x was such and advantage. Just my two cents.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back