Buying on ebay?

If you make a purchase on Ebay and pay with Paypal, you can get a refund from Paypal if the seller does not make it good. If it is an established seller, he does not want negative feedback listed on his account, so he will work with you. This only applies if you don't pay as a "gift". If the seller asks you to pay using Paypal gift I wouldn't trust it. There is no recourse if you "gift" the payment.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the offers and suggestions guys. El unit, that Craigslist add has been deleted--not surprising. Awesome spot there. Glass Eye, thank you. Not what I'm looking for but I appreciate it. Laelkhunter, that's solid advice. I hadn't heard of that. In doing some further research I saw that Zeiss' warranty isn't good unless you buy from an authorized dealer. Probably just going to cash in my Cabela's points, my couple $25 gift cards that I've been saving, and the money I'm in the middle of putting together and buy where I'm certain of what I'm getting. Unless something magical comes along...

Thought I'd follow up on this. After selling some fishing stuff I don't use anymore, I still didn't have enough money to buy the Zeiss Conquest binos I've been looking for from Cabela's at $1,000. I looked back at the offerings on eBay and found the exact binoculars I was looking for--new, and for only $740. I did a some research on the seller (bigfishbuddy) and they seemed legit--thousands of reviews, 99.7% positive, purported to be an authorized Zeiss dealer--all good stuff. I made the purchase. The binos were shipped to my house within three days of the purchase and were exactly as I hoped--unopened, original packaging, warranty, etc. Everything. The eBay seller bigfishbuddy appears to be the real deal, FWIW. These Conquests are amazing. I can't wait to start using them in the field!

Back