PEAX Equipment

Is It Worth Contacting My Congressmen or Is There a Better Way?

crcook18

I live in a liberal state (New York) where my congressman and both senators are Democrats and pro environment and public lands. At least in terms public lands, clean air and waters (2nd amendment and hunting are a different story) does it make sense to spend time writing and calling my representatives or would my time on advocacy be better spent in other ways? Can I contact senators and congressmen from other states and would they even listen?

I do both. I try to spend a lot of time calling or emailing and thanking them if they are on the right side of the topic.

Yes and yes. I regularly call my Congresswoman (Anna Eschoo) and Senators (Feinstein and Boxer, now Harris) and let them know that I am a hunter and angler. If you call and get your friends to call and they know that hunters and anglers are paying attention it could matter down the road. You never know what meeting they are going to be in or what bargaining chip they may need in the future.

They need to know you like guns and the environment.

You can also call bill sponsors and committee members who are not "your" legislators, and straighten them out. Email probably won't work if you are not from their district, unless you invent a zip code that is in their district. That would, of course, be bad and wrong.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back