Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Climbing Tree Stands

I like the Ol' Man, but have used them all. Summit is great as well. Muddy does great also.

The only stand I can say that I would not invest in is the X-Stand. 2 of my buddies bought one last year. One went to Kentucky on Public Land and the other took it to our lease in Ohio, where I got to use it. The on in Kentucky said it was light, but was awkward packing and was the most uncomfortable thing he ever climbed or sat in. My buddy with me on the lease said the same thing. I used it, and it was a chore to attempt to climb, killed my ankles and knees. When I got it to where I wanted to sit, it was terrible, seat is non-existent and base had little to no "posterior" to hold itself in place. Another guy I spoke with actually had his malfunction on him. Hopefully X-Stand can get it sorted out.

I use the Summit Cobra and wont use anything else for treestand hunting. I love it! Its also an open front stand check it out.

Last edited:
Summit. I rarely use mine anymore since switching to LW Alpha and sticks, but those all day sits or observation sits the Summit is money. I also have an API bowhunter which is a tad heavier, but super comfy as well.

Summit for me too. Highly recommend checking out climbing stand stabilizer straps from third hand archery. Makes your stand rock solid in the tree, replaces your safety rope between the foot platform and upper section and also is used to strap them together easily and solidly for transport.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back