Yeti GOBOX Collection

strength training for archery

Olympic weightlifters are the "most fit" athletes on the planet, I was one in my younger days. Deep back and front squats, power and squat snatches, power and squat cleans, dead lifts, clean and jerks. Trust me, do these and you don't have to load up either and you'll have no regrets. Use a weight to allow sets of 3 5 and 10.

My advice would be to,
1st stop shooting before you fatigue you are almost certainly introducing bad habits. That's a darn good way to teach yourself to target panic.
2nd read and follow http://www.nrs.com/safety_tips/shoulder_injuries.asp

thanks for the link, you are likely correct about bad habits. Less arrows each day, but longer hold times on those arrows. mixing in a bit of the suggested exercises, things are looking up. once again, thanks for the constructive criticism, it all helps since I dont have anyone local to work out and shoot with

I Strength train 5 days a week, then toss on cardio 3-4 times a week. I try and shoot around 20 arrows a day, maybe 3-4 sessions of 20 arrows a day on the weekends. I take each shot as if it is the only and only shot i will get, picturing a huge 6x6 elk as my target.

I shoot way better using this tactic vs slinging 100+ arrows a day.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back