Zinke Lists his 5 Priority Areas, Ignores Hunting and Recreation. Drill Baby, Drill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the title of this thread was "click-baity"....however I am glad I got to read this. I'm not sure of your source so keep 'em coming! If possible post a link to the source when possible...sometimes these internal documents are rough drafts that are never distributed and it is nice to be able to keep up on the revisions. Either way you lean the more information we can all share the better!

Aside from the fact every president since at least JFK has promised it, oil is a global commodity, if prices are low due to high global supply our economy will benefit from cheap oil imports. If prices are high our domestic oil industry will benefit due to high prices, but the rest of the economy will suffer. We will always import and export based on global prices as well as the types of oil we can refine.

The closest well get is maybe North American oil independence, but it does not benefit our economy to attempt to be "independent" as the politicians claim.

Honestly what does energy independence even mean with regard to fossil fuels... we import 10 MMb/d and export 5.2 MMb/d the O&G industry is not state owned, it's dominated by huge multinationals that are shipping products around the world to the best markets. If all of a sudden the rest of the world was shut off to the United States we would easily be able to produce 100% of the fossil fuels we use but companies make way more money buying and selling in the global market.

I work in the industry and I can tell you that onshore federal leases are terrible for the average american and will lead to a net loss of jobs. Federal leases are dirt cheap they require 1/50 the staff to lease, drill, and produce and unlike drilling on private lands they don't support local communities by providing people royalties. O&G companies want more fed drilling because the the profit margin is so large they can make money even if global prices are in the toilet, which helps their quarterly balance sheets but doesn't give us reserves for the future or get the value for the O&G that could be realized if they were extracted in a better market.

Jose is your source of information? Hilarious.

It was between him and you. Easiest choice of the day. Jose cites sources and includes background on his posts regularly, unlike you and many other one-liner posters here who offer opinion stated as fact. I respect your (and all) opinion as such, and your right to post it. Credible posters back up their views on contentious issues w sources.

Geez, why cant folks just figure out the only reason the BLM exist is to please roadless area loving hunters & anglers? :rolleyes:

I do love me some road-less wouldn't mind the bureau of livestock and mines becoming the bureau of landscapes and monuments

Yet the most disgusting overgrazing I've ever seen in the West was
BLM land in basalt country of SW Idaho..nothing left except for basalt and noxious weeds.

Overgrazing on BLM lands can be worse than oil development because it is so extensive.

Yes but the impacts of overgrazing BLM on my adjacent private land are far less the impacts of oil and gas drilling on neighboring BLM land to my private land.

..Conservation, hunting, and fishing are specifically listed in his priorities. They may not be the #1 priority, but nobody expected them to be." where? i barely see it listed once and not in those words and with qualifiers before and after it that other uses are more important. looks like typical republican shortsighted greed and catering to all industry to me.

It was between him and you. Easiest choice of the day. Jose cites sources and includes background on his posts regularly, unlike you and many other one-liner posters here who offer opinion stated as fact. I respect your (and all) opinion as such, and your right to post it. Credible posters back up their views on contentious issues w sources.

Go back and read Making America Great Again Through Shared Conservation then read Jose's headline.

I'd suggest new HT subgroup Snowflake Hunters & Anglers to assuage fear and anguish. We're ok!

Go back and read Making America Great Again Through Shared Conservation then read Jose's headline.

I'd suggest new HT subgroup Snowflake Hunters & Anglers to assuage fear and anguish. We're ok!

From the "document"......

Making America Great Through Shared Conservation
• As stewards, the BLM manages public lands for the benefit of current and future generations, supporting conservation as we pursue our multiple-use mission.
• We believe partnerships and inclusion are vital to managing sustainable, working public lands.
• The BLM respects the ties that native and traditional communities have to public lands.
• The BLM welcomes and values your diverse views.

A suggestion to the anti-big gubment types on this forum who are so knowledgeable about "big Gubment":

Learn to understand "big gubment" bureaucratic lip service - you will be able to see right through the above pathetically transparent and empty word salad.

Carry on with draining the swamp...................

Do you ever have anything worthwhile to contribute? Seems that sarcastic one liners targeted at posters you do not agree with is about all you got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back