Flying High...

Big Sky

Flying high with my flyrod this week. Normally I prefer using jigs, but when jigs don't prove to be the most effective method, I do switch things up. I caught so many fish on the last trip I gave up counting or even taking photos around the 20th fish. It was like forget about counting and picture taking. The bite is on and I'm catching fish!!!

Troy%20Adams%204-10-17E_zpshlxjskab.jpg

Troy%20Adams%204-10-17H_zpsmmr7jvjl.jpg

I started my day with this bruiser from the deep. He was the very first fish of the day and also the biggest.
Troy%20Adams%204-10-17B_zps83evyvnz.jpg

Apparently I was not the only one fishing on the lake...as these three trouble makers can attest too.
Pelican%204-10-17B%20Holter%20Lake_zps4e7ikemz.jpg

Were those on a 5wt? I'm totally jealous! Looks like they were hitting down low. I love seeing trout come up and hammer a dry fly, but I normally use a hopper/dropper rig.

Last edited:
Nice ones, better luck than I had today. Fished two rivers and managed one brown. We're coming off of a lot of rain and the rivers are still a bit dingy and high so maybe in a few days things will be better.

I was using a 6wt as you never know how big the next fish might be. My partner caught this one and it would have been a handful on a 4wt or 5wt.
Jeremy%20Shepard%204-8-17A_zps7jyl9fvw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back