Slider Sights - Are They Tough Enough

ajanssen

I've been using the Spot Hogg 'Right On' for the past several years. That thing is bomb proof, but I'm getting the itch to upgrade and experiment with a movable sight. I've looked at the Fast Eddie and see a lot of positive comments about the Black Gold Ascent. I like the idea for practice, 3D, and the occasional animal that gives you enough time to dial in a yardage. I'm concerned about the fact that they're so long and have more moving pieces. For those of you who use these sights, do you have total confidence in them? Do you find yourself babying them or are they tough enough to take some abuse? I do most of my hunting from a treestand in Iowa, but do chase elk 1 week each year in Colorado so having a weak link just won't work. Appreciate your feedback and experience.

Why would you go from "bomb proof" to moving parts? BTW, I shoot the Right on and Real thing sights, 5 or 7 pin depending on the bow.

My Tommy Hogg has been through a lot. From mules to mud. Bomb proof and worry free for several years now.

My HHA slider has held up as well as any of my fixed pin sights. All comes down to personal preference.

I've been abusing a Black Gold Ascent since they came to the market with them. Very durable.

I slipped on a rock in WY a couple years ago & landed right on my Black Gold Accent. Dumb move by me and the sight has not missed a beat. Couple battle scars for character. Black Gold is bulletproof equipment.

Upgraded to a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie this year, going to try it out in New Mexico in September. I'm pleased with it so far. Can't go wrong with it or a Black Gold in my oppinion. Good luck!

HHA for me. Never an issue and a lifetime warranty. Used it once when I ran a stick through the scope and tore the fiber out. Would've damaged any sight out there. I sent it in and had it back in a week free of charge. The sight itself has been bombproof.

I have to Spot Hogg Fast Eddie also. First year though so no field experience with it, but it's very sturdy and gives me confidence that it will be reliable even with a bump here and there.

Back