Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Got the first gobbler of the spring this morning

DRS

He made the mistake of doing the same thing two days in a row. Now going to work on filling my second tag here in NC and then on to Nebraska in May.

Nice bird, does he come with a story? Heard from an associate that many of the birds already had eggs in the nests before the season even started, so getting those gobblers off the hens will be a chore. Now that the wind has laid and we're warming up I can't decide if I should go to the mountains this week for some trout or head East to the swamps for turkey.

Well, that was quickly answered; my buddy just called to get me ready for a trout trip to the hills this morning.

Last edited:
Nice work! I know several folks who have had success across the state thus far. But driving back and forth down east they have been strutting hard for awhile now, so I wouldn't doubt it about the nests. Hopefully I can scrounge up somewhere to go soon.

Nice bird, does he come with a story? Heard from an associate that many of the birds already had eggs in the nests before the season even started, so getting those gobblers off the hens will be a chore. Now that the wind has laid and we're warming up I can't decide if I should go to the mountains this week for some trout or head East to the swamps for turkey.

Well, that was quickly answered; my buddy just called to get me ready for a trout trip to the hills this morning.

Sorry for the delayed response. Between work and hunting have not been on the computer much. The story of this one was pretty much me watching him, another gobbler and some hens go to roost in the same place two evenings in a row. The first time I was not able to hunt them the next morning but the second time I was and for once they did just what I hoped they would do and came out into the field the same place they had went in at. When the two gobblers saw my jake decoy with a hen in a breeding position in front of it they came right over I shot the strutter, which had 1" spurs, and a 10.5" beard. Don't have a scale, but he was probably pushing 20#. Since then I've heard plenty of early morning gobbling, but once they hit the ground its been pretty quiet. Only heard one gobble after 730 am so far this season. Still alot of hens around. Messed up one potentially good setup on a lone roosted gobbler and had another messed up by a spooked deer running right under another roosted gobbler. Going to give it another try the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back