Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Truck Tire Questions

When you get out here you'll find out Wrangler Duratracs are used more than most other brands. For some reason they are really popular out here and work well. Remember if driving through Colorado you may be required to have snow rated tires or chains if road conditions warrant, mainly I-70 travel.

I've had the Duratrac 10ply on my truck for the last 30K miles and they probably have another year in them. I hope to get 40-45k out of them. I've never had an issue with them and they have been great. They are also supportive for towing a heavy trailer. IMO I wouldn't go without 8 ply or 10 ply if I was gonna be going on backroads.

I just ordered a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T3's E load rating 10 plys. they should be here today. They are replacing the Yokohamas that I had on my Tundra. Never blew one out, they are 6 ply rated...but I've been lucky.

I just ordered a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T3's E load rating 10 plys. they should be here today. They are replacing the Yokohamas that I had on my Tundra. Never blew one out, they are 6 ply rated...but I've been lucky.

I have heard good things about the Cooper Discoverers, especially their traction in the snow. I am getting a set in about 5000 miles when my current tires wear out. How much did 4 cost, if you don't mind me asking?

We run Cooper St Maxx tires on several of the ranch trucks. They are pretty aggressive for an all terrain and hold up well to pulling heavy trailers on gravel roads. That's what the truck I take hunting has. The feed truck and my old beater truck that see less pavement and less heavy trailer work have Hankook mud tires. They are a good tire too but wear faster than the Coopers.

I have heard good things about the Cooper Discoverers, especially their traction in the snow. I am getting a set in about 5000 miles when my current tires wear out. How much did 4 cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Driving through snow fields and ice fishing last year I was going places in 2wd that I would have had to been in 4wd in the past

Back