AOH from Socal. I can't wait to move out of this place!

Inkedmedic8404

Well I had some novel written out and it decided to delete it before I could hit submit. Just started hunting a few years back and got my first Forky last year in Central Idaho and I am HOOKED! I am very lucky Idaho has a disabled Veteran program to make licensing and tags very affordable. I will be doing OTC DIY Elk and Mule Deer in October and November of this year around Salmon, so if you have any advice or know the area somewhat, if would be much appreciated if you sent info my way! Trying to find the burn areas off the beaten path away from roads and trails to see if I can come up with some quality animals to go after. I know it is going to be difficult but that is what makes it rewarding!

Hope to gather some good information from this forum and make some new friends.

I'm also a disabled vet inked medic...lol Were you a Corpsman? 8404 gave it away lol I started my career as a Corpsman and got out and went in the Army as a medic. Got blown up twice and shot in Iraq and medically retired. I'm going to be taking advantage of the Idaho tags in the very near future :cool: Welcome aboard!

I was! Spent 5 years with 1/4 on Pendleton and 2 deployments. Got lucky and was never blown up directly although I got to blow tons of stuff up with the EOD team I was attached to. I was given the chance to go to the Army when I got out, but back to back deployments burned me out. Now that I look at it, I should have taken the opportunity since I would be retiring in the next few years! Oh well. I have to say Idaho has the best program that I know of for Veterans. You cannot beat resident pricing for licensing and tags. Super easy to set up and the IFG are super helpful.

Here's to filling our Elk tags this year!

Good luck!! I spent 3 years with 2nd FSSG, then went to preventive medicine school and hated it, so ended up at the Naval Hospital in Philly before it was shut down. I'm showing my age LOL Got out and was out for a few years...went to culinary school, turned wrenches, worked in corrections...hated all of it, so went in the Army. The rest is history and I loved every minute of it.

Well...

I am also a DV. There are other states that do offer discounts (TN and NC have nearly free lifetimes liscences). WA has discounted tags as well, so look into that.

Since you will be in Salmon, might as well PM me. I'll be down there doing the same this year as well as getting a girl her first elk. I'll start my scouting trips out there in July and wouldn't mind sharing.

welcome to the forum and good luck on your up coming hunts! Thank you for your service!!!!

Well...

I am also a DV. There are other states that do offer discounts (TN and NC have nearly free lifetimes liscences). WA has discounted tags as well, so look into that.

Since you will be in Salmon, might as well PM me. I'll be down there doing the same this year as well as getting a girl her first elk. I'll start my scouting trips out there in July and wouldn't mind sharing.

Tried to PM, your box is full ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back