Stone glacier solo or sky

PAGOAT

I've decided on a stone glacier and don't know if I want the solo or the sky. I don't see over night trips being something I will be doing. Just deer, antelope, and elk hunting camping at the truck. I want room for my spotting scope and some cloths. Should I go with the bigger bag in case I need room down the road or stick with the solo.

Goat

I've had both. For your described use the Solo will be great. It has enough room for a couple of night backpack trip as it is. Good luck and enjoy.

I've used a solo for four years now. I just day hunt with it. Has plenty of spare room in it after I get all my items for day hunting in it. I'd say I've probably never used more than half of the bags internal capacity. I love the meat shelf, works great.

I have the new SG Xframe/sky 5900 and so far I'm very happy with it, very lightweight and compresses down small but will provide you with enough room when you need it. With elk in the mix I'd certainly pick this over the solo.

I've been able to squeeze 5 days of stuff into my Solo. The meat shelf is nice to put my food bag for that length of trip. It's a little tight depending on how many clothes I need to bring but has not left me wanting for something bigger. Really any size SG will compress nice for day hunting so pick depending on how light and compact your gear is.

I have a 4-5 year old Solo and love it. My buddy and I have same packs and do 7 days out with them. We are able to share a tent and cooking supplies so that cuts down on pack bulk a little but the Solo is plenty big for what you are doing in my opinion. It also can hold more meat than my back can handle, found that out with a big mule deer, had to put some in a tree till the next morning!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back