Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

wyoming doe antelope question

Nick87

Wondering if anyone can help me with this one.
If I apply for two doe tags in the same unit does my name go in the hat twice, or do I automatically draw to tags if my application is selected? Thanks.

Good question. They are put in as two separate applications. So you could end up with zero, one, or two doe tags.

When you apply for a reduced price Doe hunt, you choose to apply for 1 or 2 tags, from the drop down box.

^^^
Right that's what I was talking about. I didn't know if that meant it was two seperate applications if you select two from the drop box.

Good luck! Back in 2014 I put in for 2 doe tags in Unit 47 and of the 7 doe tags available ( rumor ) I drew 2!!

They are put in as two separate applications.

By the way this is an exact quote from Wyoming Game and fish. I called them for the answer because I did not know it and had been wondering the same.

You definitely get charged two app fees. Learned that the "hard" way last year.

Ha now I'm really confused. Called the main wgf main office she wasn't sure, But said she thought it was two different apps. Then I called green river office she said it was on one application?

It's really a waste of time asking the ladies that answer the phones technical questions like that. As WapitiBob stated, if you put in for 2 doe tags you pay two application fees, but it is considered one application in the draw and you either draw both or don't draw any.

The lady I spoke with didn't know. But took the question to an authority. Yes, two application fees and treated as two applications in the draw so you can draw zero, one, or two.

The lady I spoke with didn't know. But took the question to an authority. Yes, two application fees and treated as two applications in the draw so you can draw zero, one, or two.

That is not correct! The lady at the Green River Office answered the question correctly and it's like I and WB have stated. You pick 2 in the drop down box and it's considered one application even though you pay the application fee money for two tags. You go into the draw with one application and if your random number is drawn you get two tags. It's similar to applying as a party in that all the party members either draw a tag under the one application random number or nobody draws a tag if that random number isn't picked. That's why it's very possible for some to draw two tags that way while some that apply for the tag don't get any by the time their random number gets drawn. Trust me, as I've only missed one season since 1997!

Last edited:
So what your saying is your lady can beat up my lady? :p

Seriously, I am happy to accept either answer and trust that you have experience with the draw but dueling phone ladies may not be the way to go. I'll see what I can find in documentation because while this might not be a matter of great import I prefer to have answers that can be backed up.

If in doubt check with Buzz. I'm sure he will be back on the first of the week.

Well look what I started now, I was planning on selecting two tags regardless. I was just trying to figure out a way to put the odds in my favor. Like if I put in for one tag in this unit and another right across the road from where we'll be. Putting twice as many tickets in the pot so to speak even though it would only be for one tag.

I've learned a lot from this and other forums. The most important lesson is that disagreeing with Wapitibob usually means you are wrong!

Which is it? :D

Both.

So I called again (Cheyenne Office) and asked to speak with an authority on the matter and if they could reference the code. Well they still didn't give me a reference but called me back (ostensibly after speaking with the authority) and gave me the following answer.

You can go on line and submit one application for two doe tags. If you do, you will draw none or both. Alternatively you can submit two single doe tag applications. In which case you will draw two, one or none. This will increase your odds of being successful for at least something since your name is in the hat twice.

FWIW I think most people were thinking one application for two doe (myself included) so if we need a winner I'll call if for those who supported the view of the Green River Lady. But it is easy to see how two answers could have been received from the department.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back