Greetings from Minnesota

TheNorthStar

Hey everyone!

My name's Phill and I'm a 36yo Minnesota resident who's been hunting small game, waterfowl and whitetails in the woods and farmlands of MN and Western WI with my family since before I was old enough to carry a pellet gun.

I've always been interested in hunting a western state for Mulies or Elk but the idea seemed so daunting to a Midwestern tree-stand sitter. This past summer, realizing that I'm not getting any younger and taking no small amount of inspiration from Randy's podcast, I decided to plan my first western hunt for 2017 in central Idaho. While I had originally intended on beginning my western hunting adventures alone, my old man, who will be 60 in August, caught wind of my plans and asked to come along, so instead there will be 2 new rookies on the mountain this Fall. We'll be backpacking in to a section of the Boise Range after deer this year and if it doesn't kill us, we'd like to try an Elk hunt in 2018, either in Idaho again or in Colorado.

The extent of my knowledge of western hunting comes from watching Randy's shows, Meateater, listening to several podcasts and reading Steven Rinella's books. I'd welcome and appreciate any insight or advice anyone has to offer, and thank you in advance! I'm looking forward to getting to know the community!

Best regards,

Phill

Welcome NorthStar!! Don't happen to be a Dino Ciccarelli fan do ya? ;) As a Midwesterner transplanted out to CO I will warn you that the west is addicting and you won't want to leave. Lot's of good information to be had on this site especially. Use the search tool to look for subjects you are interested in and ask questions (the more specific your questions the better information you will get). Best of luck this fall.

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan. Great people here to learn from and good luck this fall, make sure to share your stories!

Welcome...I seriously think there are more MN hunters on this site than other sates now...lol...J/K...

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back