HT Hat in the FL Keys

What Map

At the beginning of March this year, my wife and I once again flew down to Miami to fish for a couple of days in the Everglades, hang out on the beach and swim in the ocean and pools. You know, all those things we can’t do in Montana. We are still going to get 60 days of skiing this season, but we really enjoy going to warm ocean waters and beaches.

We booked again with Capt. Camp Walker who lives in Islamorada to take us into the back country of the Everglades to fish. The two attached pictures are of our two biggest fish for the day. Note the Hunt Talk hat in the snook picture. Don’t leave home without it. My wife’s red fish provided enough meat for six servings.

We landed dozens of others. However, the 45-minute ride back to the dock was western. Three to four foot swells in a driving cloud burst with strong wind. Tough weather, even by Montana standards. Not fun. It was going to blow for the next day too, so we cancelled our day-two fishing trip and explored the Keys from our car.

Keys redfish reduced HT.jpg

Keys snook HT hat reduces.jpg

Very nice! I'm thinking my wife could convince me of a return trip to FL if a day or two of that was on the agenda.

I like redfish and snook on public waters. If we could convince the east our public lands are as valuable as their public waters the republican platform would change in an instant.

Congrats. It's been a while since I have been down to the keys. Might have to take a weekend trip down to remind myself of the awesome fishing I got so close. Been hitting the gulf a lot lately. Was down in Melbourne this weekend, but fishing was slow.

Back