Caribou Gear Tarp

Quick CO App Question

Colberjs

The big game guide says any hunt code with an "*" indicates that there were leftover licenses after last years drawing. That should mean I have a good chance of drawing that unit as a second choice, right? But GoHunt says I have 0% chance at drawing that unit as a second choice. What am I missing?

Thanks for the last minute help.

Nevermind. I just read the bold red print that states that several do require preference points and that leftovers came as a result of returned licenses.

One more related question. If I wanted to hunt that unit, how big of a gamble would I be taking to apply for a pref. point and then try to buy a leftover tag in August before it sells?

You would be taking a huge gamble, because most of the returned tags did not end up on the list until well after August. And last year those tags were added to the list once a week on Tuesday morning at a scheduled time. This year they will be added at random times, so you will never know when to look.

You would be taking a huge gamble, because most of the returned tags did not end up on the list until well after August. And last year those tags were added to the list once a week on Tuesday morning at a scheduled time. This year they will be added at random times, so you will never know when to look.

Thank you. I'll burn my one point and just take the guaranteed tag. Thank you for your reply, Oak!!!

Hey Oak, just making sure I understand what you're saying is what I had heard.
So, in 2017, after a returned tag is processed and points or money is refunded to the original person who drew, it will be placed on the available public leftover list in "real time" since the leftover list is updated every 15 mins? Or is it rolled to the following morning? I understood it wouldn't be weekly anymore, but...
Also, I understood that in 2018 if a tag is returned in CO, it will be then made available to the next 5 subsequent applicants with adequate preference points to claim. If none of those 5 qualified applicants do not claim the tag, it will then be released to the available leftover license list?
Thanks for clarifying!

Last edited:
Hey Oak, just making sure I understand what you're saying is what I had heard.
So, in 2017, after a returned tag is processed and points or money is refunded to the original person who drew, it will be placed on the available public leftover list in "real time" since the leftover list is updated every 15 mins? Or is it rolled to the following morning? I understood it wouldn't be weekly anymore, but...
Also, I understood that in 2018 if a tag is returned in CO, it will be then made available to the next 5 subsequent applicants with adequate preference points to claim. If none of those 5 qualified applicants do not claim the tag, it will then be released to the available leftover license list?
Thanks for clarifying!
It's not clear whether it will be real time, or just whatever time they decide to add a group of returned licenses to the leftover list. What is clear is that they don't intend to do like they did last year and release a list of returned licenses every Monday that would go on sale Tuesday morning.

In 2017 they will attempt to reissue returned licenses that took 5 or more resident preference points to draw, manually to the next 5 people in line. If none of the 5 take it, the license will then be added to the leftover list. Licenses that took less than 5 resident points to draw will go straight to the leftover list.

Oh boy, here we go. Thanks Oak. This just means that I'm gonna be hovering over that list like a buzzard. I'm glad I put in my 2nd-4th choices for B tags. Leaves me a lot more open to grab something or last minute OTC archery. Thanks for the information.
Btw, I have budgeted some tickets for the RMBS raffles out of my next paycheck. Thanks for all your work concerning that conservation effort. Solid!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back