Big Fin Optics swap out item

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
It is that time of year that I am asked to trade out my scopes for new models. This scope was mounted and zeroed. Maybe a total of 20 rounds fired while it was on the rifle. It never left the safe after being sighted in last summer.

It is a Leupold VX-6 (not the new HD). 2-12x42mm with a 30mm tube. CDS with a duplex reticle.

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/vx-6-riflescopes/vx-6-2-12x42-30mm-cds/

20170403_231843[1].jpg

20170403_231726[1].jpg

VX6_2_12x42_CDS_web-530x438.png

This scoped has MSRP of $1,429. Last year when these were clearing out, you could pick them up a bit cheaper, depending upon model and features.

First $550 will have it to your door.

Dang, sold, pending funds, within a couple minutes. I need to work on my pricing. More to come in the next few months as Leupold sends me more scopes to replace these.

Is there a Dibbs clause on the next ones for us east coast flatlanders? Sold and posted in under than 2 minutes at 1:39 AM didn't give us much of a chance. If there is and you get to part ways with a spotter verses sending it back to R&D, I want in on it.

How about you auction any remaining items and donate any extra money you may get from original minimum bid???That gives us all a chance and could help some good causes

If you have one that's half that price for my daughter let me know, be her first year hunting, turns 10 in a couple of days, she is super excited, we just got back from a turkey hunt in CA, lots of close encounters but it did not pan out...... now it will be ID youth season for turkey's than she starts practicing with her rifle that has no scope right at the moment......
Matt

Hi Big Fin,
Are all of the scopes you going to let go VX-6? What have you found to be the best power range for a big game rifle?

Hi Big Fin,
Are all of the scopes you going to let go VX-6? What have you found to be the best power range for a big game rifle?

Yes, they will all be VX-6. I mostly use 2-12X, but I have some 6-18x. Just depends on what your hunting conditions are. For cameras, I'm not going to take real long shots, due to bad footage that results. So, the 12x as a top-end magnification is more than adequate for the 400 yard limits we put on ourselves.

Thanks Randy. Also I'm glad you limit the range for your on camera shots. It shows the difference from hunter vs sniper. LOL that should stir the pot ;) In all reality I think some guys push the limits beyond their ability and that could be 100 yards in some cases or 500 yards in other cases.

Thanks for the info.

$550.00 TYD for a barely used VX-6? What a screamin' deal.

9z237rO.jpg

That's like stealin'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back