Caribou Gear Tarp

When is Mystery Ranch resupplying their hunting pack line?

guserto4

On MR's website, there has been a notification next to their hunting line of packs for some time that says, "Coming soon direct, available at local retailers." Because of this, I left their site and and ordered a Pintler from opticsplanet.com on February 11. OP told me that there was a back order and to expect shipment in a few weeks. So it wasn't "available at local retailers." Grumble, I said. I assumed the entire hunting pack product line was backed up due to the new camo pattern and additional day packs MR just released. I LOVE Mystery Ranch and want the Pintler so I decided to work on my patience and wait it out. A few weeks? Okay sure. Meanwhile, my girlfriend got a new MR mountaineering pack around the same time, so I resigned myself to drooling at that while I wait for my new pack.

That was just about 2 months ago...

Last time I checked in with MR staff, I heard 2nd or 3rd week of March. It's now April. I have at least 1 backpacking trip this spring and an extended hunting trip this fall and want to get comfortable with my setup and physically prepared beforehand, but I'm beginning to think the pack is never coming. Does anyone have the skinny on when Mystery Ranch is replenishing their supply? I get that these are made in the Philippines, but a 2 month wait is crazy. Are they building these to order?!

Thanks for any info you may have.

I have my heart set on color foliage and blackovis only offers coyote and multicam

FWIW Black Ovis is supposed to get their shipment of MR packs this week (at least that is what they were told by MS I assume) . Patiently awaiting their arrival to get a Pintler .

I am not sure where you are located, but you may also want to check Schnee's, Mountain Archery or call JD High Country Outfitters.

The closest authorized retailer is 2.5 hours away and my order at Optics Planet was 10% off AND free shipping, so switching to another store amounts to additional $100. I'm happy to hear Black Ovis is getting supplied this week, so hopefully other retailers are as well!! Maybe there IS movement in the supply chain!!

I finally, finally got my darn pack this week. Can't wait to get out this weekend and hike with a load in it. It might be because of Amazon, but waiting nearly 4 months for an online order to come in instead of the 2 days I'm used to has exercised my patience more than any critter in the woods ever has. This pack had better last a loong time because I don't want to have to deal with ordering another any time soon.

FYI I spoke with MR and they said those annoying "out of stock" labels on some products on their website should be gone by mid June.

Guserto, how do you like the pack so far? Have you loaded it up yet? I'm in the market for a pack... I've never owned a frame pack and this one seems to be the one I like the most (and is reasonably priced). Watched a lot of videos and this methodology of being stiff where needed but flexible when needed seems to be one I'm in line with. I was thinking I'd wait until closer to September to buy but after reading your op I'm starting to think I need to get off the billfold and get this thing ordered from someone. I don't need to find myself loading up to go without a dedicated pack......

So far I really like the pack. I have not fully gotten it dialed in yet BUT I have confidence it'll ride great because it took so darn long to get this pack that I ended up "temporarily" purchasing a used Gen 2 Metcalf (nice frame) and had been preparing for the first backpacking trip of the year with that. That Metcalf is dialed in to me and I LOVE it. I really like the ride characteristics of MR, and even my gf has repeatedly said that her hiking MR pack (women's mystic) rides way better than anything else she's used and when she bought that pack she tried on every other brand in the store and MR was clearly far ahead of the rest.
As far as the pack itself, I think it'll be a lot about how you like to organize your gear and how much you bring. It is not a large pack, (I'd call it an oversized day bag) but I'm going to try and make this bag do everything for me from day hikes to 4-5 nights out but that will require I use accessory bags when needed. I acquired some used rip-zips I've attached to the outside for fast access items like rain gear, water filtration, etc and just picked up one of MR's load hauler bags for the pack in to base camp from the car. I think it's all about what kind of hunting/hiking you're doing with it, and how you like to organize (everything in one big compartment, or divided into inside and outside accessories). I hate that there is hardly any videos or info on the pack, and have been meaning to put something up on youtube but haven't done so just yet. If I do I'll post it here.

The problems I had with MR were due to them not anticipating their demand but I think they are getting the hang of it and have replenished their retailers. Once I cancelled the opticsplanet order, I ordered mine up from blackovis and got it within 3 days.

Sounds like I am on the right path with this pack then. I'm headed to Colorado for the first time in Sept to camp in a plush 5th wheel then hike out for the day. So really all I need, for this trip at least, is a day pack. But I would like to spike camp in the future and hate to buy a new pack down the road just to do that extra days worth of hiking and sleeping.... I whitetail hunt in KY every year and my walk in is about half a mile so a decent little pack for that would be nice too.
Thanks for the info on it. I appreciate it. Good luck this fall!

Thanks Hooked! I'll need that luck for my Idaho elk trip this October! Good luck to you in CO! I think the pintler is exactly what you're looking for. So far, it has been a perfect fit for me!

I ordered thru OpticPlanets for a Medium Foliage Pintler in May and no supply yet. MR did say they are sorting out their distribution, but, did not comment if any hunting line is Stateside as of this week.

I can say that retailers are receiving packs, and have them in stock now and in the next week. Check goHUNT, BlackOvis, etc. I see on their sites Metcalfs and Pintlers in various colors/sizes available now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back