Boise area bear

tmvikings

What's the snow pack like in the Boise area surrounding mountains? Here in Minnesota most bears are out of den around the 16 of April is the same true for Southern Idaho? Looking to start hunting April 26th.
Thanks

might be a touch early. Heavy snow year in those parts. Vehicle access in the higher country will likely be limited by snow and/or mud/flood damage.

Still 2 feet in McCall this weekend and snow level of about 4800' above Boise. I would wait till may if you can. A guy posted a pic of a bear out in unit 45 the other day and another bear out near boise Friday. But most seem to be nocturnal until after may 1st in my experience.

Thanks for the advice- Just have to much going on in May to make it work.

I'm in the same boat as you, work is too busy in May. It was looking really promising for early bear movement until last week when it cooled down a bit and the higher peaks got more snow. PM me and I can keep you up to date on snow and road xonditions, I'll be up there a bit before opening weekend.

I'm in the same boat as you, work is too busy in May. It was looking really promising for early bear movement until last week when it cooled down a bit and the higher peaks got more snow. PM me and I can keep you up to date on snow and road xonditions, I'll be up there a bit before opening weekend.

Very cool--- Thanks

Find the Idaho Department of Water Resources (or something like that) and look at their Sno-tel sites. They have measurements of how much snow are sitting in various spots.

I think the Mores Creek site should be pretty indicative of what 39 looks like.

Also, check out Web-cams for Atlanta and Idaho City areas.

The bears will be out on April 26, somewhere in that unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back