Yeti GOBOX Collection

Walk in cooler question.

Bukwild3

I just recently found a kolpack walk in cooler that someone gave me. I want to clean it up and use it this fall for my family and I's deer. The compressor ran fine but I opted to demo and go with a 10k A\C and a Coolbot so as to reduce the chance of failure and loss of meat. The placement of the a/c is my question. I understand that air flow is good for the meat to reduce bacteria growth but my placement choice right now would put the air blowing directly on the deer. Does this hurt or should I build a deflector? Also any tips on addition would be greatly appreciated! This is my first setup.

Last edited:
My AC is about 4' from the hanging quarters and blows right on them. It puts a dry rind on the meat but does no harm. This year I'm going to bag them and see how that works out.

Ours is in a small walkin, 4x10 ft and it blows right down the length of the cooler usually about 2-3 ft from the quarters. No problems but we live at low humidity. The a/c unit is about 4 1/2 ft up the wall. Works so well we can leave skin on the quarters and they cool great and do not dry out as much. We've hung game up to 10 days in it with no mold or bacteria problems. Make sure the a/c drains right outside the cooler. We do not need an additional fan. The cool air blows across the top of the cooler room and it has kept this poorly insulated cooler very cold. Coolbots are great!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back