hike to hunt

I'd like to see this as well. I do my own summer hiking prep for hunting season. Start small and build.

Got the same e mail. I am in Roswell. Not a lot of BHA members. Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and maybe Las Cruces, you guys could have a blast and meet similar thinking hunters.

I totally support BHA. Best thing in years. I lean to the Montana chapter; the Montanans seem to be leading the fight. Let them win and set the standard for the rest of us.

I'm happy to help get this off the ground with ABQ area BHA members.

I'll start posting my hikes on the NM Chapter FB page. You're welcome to join.

I think I have one of the few BHA stickers on my trucks in Catron county.Same with RMEF,HT.

After years of NO stickers on my trucks as a form of camo,both do now.Poke in the local eyes.
Had a nice chat with some guys from MT the other day after they saw the stickers. They had been working horses on the HH.

Yesterday a group of riders who are Vet's doing the Continental Divide trail on horseback were in town & they did same and said howdy.

Never seen a BHA event around here.
Then again there is no one here,here.

Last edited:
I'm happy to help get this off the ground with ABQ area BHA members.

I'll start posting my hikes on the NM Chapter FB page. You're welcome to join.

Ah, I'm not on FB. Does the NM chapter ever send emails? I chatted with them at one of the outdoor events at Expo NM but never explicitly asked if they send out any state-specific stuff.

I spoke with Ty over at BHA and now have a group here in Northeast Ohio. Check us out on FB. (BHA hike to hunt - Wooster) We are having our first hike Wednesday morning and will follow it up with another on Saturday. Come on out if your in the neighborhood.

Back