2017 AZ Antelope Unit 5B

PeteD

A couple evenings ago I found out that I was very lucky as I drew an antelope rifle tag for AZ 5B. I am just starting my research and would appreciate if anyone has any experience in this unit as its basically a once in a lifetime tag. Thanks in advance. -Pete

I had the archery tag in 2011. It was the most fun I ever had antelope hunting. You will have a blast. Go early, find the one you want, and fill your tag opening morning. Congrats.

Thanks Randy! I gained lots of experience looking over tons of bucks in WY last year with my eldest on his first western hunt. If you have any other tidbits of intel or tips that can lower my learning curve it would be helpful. I can't help asking... the engineer in me craves details.

Thanks Randy! I gained lots of experience looking over tons of bucks in WY last year with my eldest on his first western hunt. If you have any other tidbits of intel or tips that can lower my learning curve it would be helpful. I can't help asking... the engineer in me craves details.

If I had the tag my first focus would be down off the mesa. From what I was, better bucks and fewer hunters. If you find a big one on the mesa, expect more competition. Go as many days in advance as your schedule allows. Filling a tag is not a worry. Finding the buck you want and patterning him for opening morning is key.

Back