Corner Crossing Referendum Filed

Ben Lamb

Representative Tom Jacobson has filed HB 662, which is a corner crossing referendum.

It has been referred to House Judiciary and should have a hearing soon. If folks care about corner crossing, it'll be a good idea to show up in the building and support this effort.

Cool. What are the odds this will actually pass. E-mails to my elected officials and the House Judiciary Committee.

Message sent. I doubt it has much of a chance with the current make up of our legislature, but you never know.

So am I reading it correctly in that it doesn't legalize corner crossing but rather puts it in the voters hands in the 2018 election?

OK. First question. "(i) cause physical harm to a landowner's real or personal property". I can see a person that owns the two joining properties (at the corners) placing a very tall fence post and the fence 10 -12 feet up the pole. Seems it would be very hard to "corner cross" without damaging the fence (especially if you had to climb that fence). Bill seems like a good idea, however, there will always be people trying to stop "corner crossing". Maybe I am reading that bill incorrectly?

good luck to all
the dog

...it doesn't legalize corner crossing but rather puts it in the voters hands in the 2018 election?
Yes, if passed.

I can see a person that owns the two joining properties (at the corners) placing a very tall fence post and the fence 10 -12 feet up the pole.
Really? This is a proposal for a referendum, likely to get word-smithed and revised with legal considerations before even being seriously considered. 'No value in speculating how a landowner or someone corner crossing might possibly "game" the law. Let's just support consideration of sending it to the voter to decide in some form.

Is this something that should be supported in this manner? I Like the idea for sure, but if it is voted on by the Public it is pretty likely that it won't pass imo. If it doesn't pass in that vote it would make it way more difficult for it to come up ever again wouldn't it?

Is this something that should be supported in this manner? I Like the idea for sure, but if it is voted on by the Public it is pretty likely that it won't pass imo. If it doesn't pass in that vote it would make it way more difficult for it to come up ever again wouldn't it?

We'd know legally one way or the other instead of playing Roulette whether a sheriff wants to write a ticket and a prosecutor wants to prosecute and whether a jury would find you innocent or guilty. Haven't been too many volunteers to bear the cost of being the test case.

Good thing I I've watched pole vaulting on TV. Clearing a 12' shouldn't be an issue. The landing on the other hand....

Really? I've always held the opinion that if it were put to a statewide vote it would pass overwhelmingly.

Really? I've always held the opinion that if it were put to a statewide vote it would pass overwhelmingly.

I Hope your right! I think land owners and those advocacy groups would lobby heavily against it, and the major of the voting public would be voting without knowing what was at stake

We'd know legally one way or the other instead of playing Roulette whether a sheriff wants to write a ticket and a prosecutor wants to prosecute and whether a jury would find you innocent or guilty. Haven't been too many volunteers to bear the cost of being the test case.

I agree Gerald, we would know for sure. My thinking now is if the land isn't posted you'd be within the law.

I Figured there might probably be more forgiving ways to achieve the end goal. This particular one is awfully permanent if if goes the wrong way. Of course if it goes the right way....

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back