PA Elk Draw

406LIFE

Anyone else put in for this? I have 6 points and adding another this year, which means I have something like a .006% chance at drawing. Only $250 for NR tag. Application comes online in June.

Drew this past year after 13 years.
Other Bull hunter in my Zone drew on his first year putting in! So u never know.
Some Amazing Bulls.

Drew this past year after 13 years.
Other Bull hunter in my Zone drew on his first year putting in! So u never know.
Some Amazing Bulls.
Did you do a write up/photo op on it?

At least PA only charges an application fee up front, instead of a full tag fee & then a refund later on if you don't draw.

If you do draw, you're in a position to get a great chance at a really nice elk.

Me? I put in for Any Tag/Any Zone. I'd rather get the chance to go, period, than gamble on a 1 in 10 bull tag ! The odds are just too slim either way.

It's almost like trying for a NR sheep tag. Probably won't ever happen, but lightning can strike every once in awhile. I continue to hold out hope, that I'll get the call after the drawing,but more than anything I'm very happy that we have a stable, decent herd.

I've already spent countless hours researching all the zones and backgrounding myself so no one can't say I won't be ready for a DIY Pa hunt !!!! ;)

I put in the last 2/3 years I think. Missed the deadline last year just because I had a lot going on. I'm only about 1 1/2hrs away from the elk areas. I know some people in PA think it's like a canned hunt or something because they say the elk are practically tame. It is sort of like a tourist attraction in many places, but I don't know if those opinions are founded or not. I do think that the success rate is high above 80% I believe.

Last edited:
I have been putting in the last 9 years. I'd love to shoot a trophy bull in my home state. Maybe someday I'll draw. Good luck to all those that apply!

At least PA only charges an application fee up front, instead of a full tag fee & then a refund later on if you don't draw.

If you do draw, you're in a position to get a great chance at a really nice elk.

Me? I put in for Any Tag/Any Zone. I'd rather get the chance to go, period, than gamble on a 1 in 10 bull tag ! The odds are just too slim either way.

i won't share this with just anyone, but you all seem like a good crowd. I believe if you put in for zone 1 bull, and you get drawn but zone 1 bull is already filled then they just put you into the next open zone.

double check before you follow that advice as it may need to be a zone then any sex selection as I believe the bulls are drawn first. but if you put in a "bull only" draw then at the end of the bull drawing your name is pulled from the program so just those of us willing to shoot any elk get to stay in.

should anyone on here ever draw a tag, and have an open spot for a tag along, keep me in mind... I'd be happy to help out, just for the experience

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back