Hello from good ole PA!

Kulpak02

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. I have lived in PA all my life and have been hunting anything I could from the time I was 12. Anything from whitetail and bear to squirrel and rabbit. I went on a guided Elk hunt in CO in 2002 and first morning shot a 5x5. I just returned to almost the same area last Oct on a DIY second season elk hunt with a hunting party of 9. My brother and I got Cow Elk but couldnt get close enough for the bull. The experience was 10x better than the guided and cant wait til 2018 when we are heading back out. You cant beat the experience of the DIY hunt. Once I started listening to The MeatEater podcast and ran out of episodes I started listening to Randy Newberg. He kept talking about the hunt talk forum and how helpful everyone is so I thought I would join and check it out. My brother and I want to do a small hunt this fall so we put in for Doe Antelope in WY for Units 63 and 75. Reason we went doe is we have never done an antelope hunt and didnt want to spend big money without some experience. So anyone know anything about those areas? From what I have read they are overhunted and not that great but the draw odds seemed pretty decent. We are looking to camp not stay at a hotel. We would rather stay outside if thats possible in those areas. If that doesnt work out is there any over the counter tags in areas you guys would suggest? Thanks for the Help guys. Glad to be part of this forum and I hope one day I can help out and give some info.

Kulpak02

I am about 1.5 hours south of Harrisburg. Right on the Maryland line. We also have hunting camp about 30 minutes south of Bradford. Where about are you?

That's what I am hoping to hear that we should have good luck going for Doe. We just wanted something to introduce us to hunting Antelope. Start glassing some up and see some animals. Everyone we talked to here says Why would you drive all the way there for a doe antelope that tastes like a sage bush. We reply with basically what I have told you guys. We also read if you get them skinned out and cooled down the meat is delicious! Definitely looking forward to a new hunting experience.

Welcome from Maine! I went to school in PA in Huntingdon, about 40 minutes West of State College. Beautiful state and fun to hunt. Good luck hunting out West!

Welcome from Maine! I went to school in PA in Huntingdon, about 40 minutes West of State College. Beautiful state and fun to hunt. Good luck hunting out West!

Maine is a beautiful state also. Went on my 2nd and probably last guided hunt out of Wilton, Maine for Whitetail. Not a good experience.
I know exactly where Huntington is located. I travel through there to get to our hunting camp up north and I have family in Mount Union just south of Huntington. Thanks for the welcome bud.

Maine is a beautiful state also. Went on my 2nd and probably last guided hunt out of Wilton, Maine for Whitetail. Not a good experience.
I know exactly where Huntington is located. I travel through there to get to our hunting camp up north and I have family in Mount Union just south of Huntington. Thanks for the welcome bud.

Sorry you had a negative experience up here. We don't have the deer herd that PA has, but we have some nice deer. It's really nice to see so many people from the area my alma mater is. Maybe someday I can get back down there and hunt the game lands again.

I am about 1.5 hours south of Harrisburg. Right on the Maryland line. We also have hunting camp about 30 minutes south of Bradford. Where about are you?

I am more central. I live around the Lock Haven area.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back