Big Brown

that is a very nice fish! I need to get out myself. I've got a bunch of flies that need to get wet.

You did good for that creek! That's a career fish for there! Brings back a lot of memories for me! I learned to flyfish there and spent about 10 years fishing it. My best was 23" but not nearly that heavy. I loved fishing it right after a big rain when it was high and muddy. I'd fish a size 4 bunny bugger with a black crystal chenille body and a chartruese strip of rabbit for the tail. It was a far cry from 7x and size #24 Tricos on summer mornings. Great fish!

You did good for that creek! That's a career fish for there! Brings back a lot of memories for me! I learned to flyfish there and spent about 10 years fishing it. My best was 23" but not nearly that heavy. I loved fishing it right after a big rain when it was high and muddy. I'd fish a size 4 bunny bugger with a black crystal chenille body and a chartruese strip of rabbit for the tail. It was a far cry from 7x and size #24 Tricos on summer mornings. Great fish!

I much prefer streamer fishing. 7x and #24's is way too technical for me

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back