rotator cuff

Rotator update,3 weeks into PT, just stretching,can get my arm over my head but its a struggle. I'm at 72 degress getting arm back over head with the PT pushing /stretching it! Supposed to start some isometrics and light weights/bands in late May. I have very little strength in arm as expected.Still not sleeping well but have not been on pain meds since end of Feb. Can't wait to pick up my bow, but I won't! Not going thru this again, hopefully be able to Fluke fish in late May, getting the boat ready is keeping my mind occupied.

i tore my rotator cuff a few years back along with tearing my bicep muscle from its anchor point. my arm was useless to me. i had the surgery done, and within a few days was back at work but limited to what i could do. it was well worth going through. the only thing i would suggest is find the best doctor/surgeon that you can, and once you get the okay, start to build up your muscles in the area to help strengthen the shoulder area.

Had a torn pec reattached in June which was the same recovery protocol as a rotator cuff. When the phase of recovery called for resistance bands I would mimic drawing and supporting a bow. After a few weeks worked up to a set of 20 with 20# band and confident nothing would tear off. At that point I bought a bowtech fuel, started at 15# draw weight, cranked limb bolts a little every week and was shooting plenty poundage by September. You should be doing fine by then too and a bit ahead of my ROM at 3 weeks

I'm not a PT or doctor, nor have I had shoulder surgery, but I did throw a baseball off a mound for many years and I stumbled across something that really built the strength and stamina in the small parts of my shoulder. Here's what I did. I moved a cloth by hand on a flat table in different motions and with varying pressure and angles. Up/down, left/right, circular, figure 8, etc. The movement would be similar to drying a car after you washed it. If you're shoulder is weak and healing you will be limited as to how much pressure and what angle you can use, but over time you will be able to expand both. The small parts of your shoulder need very light weight or pressure to engage and be worked and built up properly. This exercise did a great job of that for me. To this day, my throwing shoulder is in great shape...better than the other shoulder even.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back