Caribou Gear

Boom! I say BOOM!!!

Big Sky

My wife and I had the opportunity to go to the range today. We were there initially to shoot handguns as part of a handgun/CCW training class, but the instructor knows I'm a gun nut. He brought a little surprise for me. Now this is a great way to spend a Saturday morning in-between hunting and fishing trips.

First time I've ever had the chance to shoot a 50 caliber rifle. Let me tell you it's AWESOME!
Troy%20Adams%2050%20Cal%203-25-17A_zpsd1jpq87a.jpg

The case alone is bigger than any of my fingers.
Troy%20Adams%2050%20Cal%203-25-17C_zpsaextxi44.jpg

The really cool thing was I was able to get my wife to shoot it as well. Look at the size of the magazine compared to her hand!!!
Terri%20Adams%2050%20Cal%203-25-17A_zpss7lswgei.jpg

Just before she put her finger on the trigger and let one fly. Truth be told she was probably closer the bullseye than I was. I have to admit I flinched a little when I shot this cannon. Pretty freaking awesome day is all I can say.
Terri%20Adams%2050%20Cal%203-25-17B_zpsjeylkoqa.jpg

I got the same opportunity to shoot a Barret M82A1 years ago. I saved three of the shell casings and made handles for my gun safe with them by cutting the heads off some 1/2" bolts and epoxying them in.

I was a ROTC at NMSU in 1972. The whole unit was offered a trip to Ft Bliss. I got a couple of shots with a .50 caliber. It was a blast. Also, a lot of rounds from a M 16. Also, fun.

Years ago!

First, you have the coolest CCW instructor there is! The best we got was, "bring your own gun and ammo and shoot at piece of paper 8 yards away"!

Color me green with envy! Perfect way to spend a Saturday; with the wife, some handguns and the big gun. That ammo can sitting on the ground with loaded rounds really shows off their size. I better hide this thread from my sons, they've been trying for years to put the idea in my head that I need a 50.

Topshot show had them shooting the 50 prone. I may not be able to lean forward enough into the stock to keep from falling over backwards.

Boom indeed! Very cool! The little kid in all of us comes out when rifles like that are placed on the bench. Thanks for the pics.

Had the same thing happen at our local range last year. Gentleman was zeroing a Barret with a new NF. Saw me gawking and offered up the rifle. Pretty much let me blaze away. Range is only 300 yards, I was really wishing for more space. Fun nonetheless. mtmuley

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back