MT: Gianforte vs Quist

I'll make you a deal. I will agree to support, campaign and vote exclusively for anti-PLT candidates here in CO if you will do likewise in (any state). I'm already doing that anyway. Understand this: when you support PLT in your state you are supporting it in my state. Not okay, not cool, keep public lands in public hands.

Deal. Right now I'll support the candidate against the land transfer in a race. It is the most imminent threat to hunting, wildlife, pubic lands, access and conservation. To anyone considering Gianforte in Montana, you have one side of the ballot that says "Keep it public" and the other that says "Sale it to the highest bidder." If you can't vote for either don't, but we can't keep putting our name on the "sale it to the highest bidder" checkmark and expect something to change. Affect change on this subject with your vote, vote against this terrible idea.

Slimy can hurt by getting bills through that cause damage. Dumb usually doesn't do much, which at times can be a good thing.

This is the situation... hopefully Montana residents considering the two view it this way. The only problem is the "Dumb" are typically the prize possession and puppet of the party that nominated him/her.

Slimy can hurt by getting bills through that cause damage. Dumb usually doesn't do much, which at times can be a good thing.

What happens when they are both dumb and slimy? Nancy is dumber than a box of rocks and has caused a lot of damage. I can see Bernie Sanders in a cowboy hat being Nancy's puppet. Quist or Gianforte? Either one is just rearranging deck chairs at this point.

Not sure why struggling to pay medical bills would be a hit to someones character? Many people are a doctors visit away from this same situation.

Not sure why struggling to pay medical bills would be a hit to someones character? Many people are a doctors visit away from this same situation.

Probably because he failed to mention his financial problems to party members prior to being nominated.

"But some rank-and-file party members said they knew little about Quist, and some prominent Democrats have privately groused that Quist had not been properly vetted."

I guess he should have been like the President and just said he would eventually get to that part of the vetting and just never disclose any financial information ever.

I'm not sure Rob Quist is a great candidate but I do know he is a lot better than Gianforte and the Libertarian this morning who will be on the ballot said he thinks states should decide if the Federal lands should be transferred. He also has a problem with the meaning of navigable water...

Probably because he failed to mention his financial problems to party members prior to being nominated.
Quist participated in a radio talk show interview on a Missoula station long before being nominated. He spoke candidly of his financial problems and how he endeavored to remedy them. He clearly put it in context by explaining how a medical problem impacted his family and finances and that is why he can relate to issues regarding health care and medical insurance.

Quist is forthright and honest, an exceptional value for a political candidate, but obviously now being misinterpreted and skewed to criticize him. At this point it is not helpful to express sour grapes about him, Gianforte, or the other candidates. Personally, I would rather hear relevant information and candidates' opinions concerning the many important state and national issues to be confronted by the next Congressman to represent Montana.

Quist faced financial crisis, his solution was to try to sub-divide his land and liquidate some of his land assets to settle his debts while in a real estate market where only fire sale properties were selling. Not good money management IMO.

Our country is in financial crisis right now. The biggest threat to public lands is financial mis-management by our government. Gianforte said he is a Yes man for Trump. Quist is certainly a yes man for Pelosi. The Libertarian candidate is the only one of the 3 that will honestly discuss our pending financial woes.

So I will be throwing away my vote on the Libertarian in the coming election. The other 2, just more of the same that got us into the mess we are now in.

Gianforte said he is a Yes man for Trump. Quist is certainly a yes man for Pelosi.
'Your opinion(s) ... but certainly not necessarily true in either case.

Good on you for taking a strong position based on your opinions and confidence in the Libertarian stance ... 'bad on you for making assumptions mostly based on negative ads from out-of-state dark monied propagandists.

'Your opinion(s) ... but certainly not necessarily true in either case.

Good on you for taking a strong position based on your opinions and confidence in the Libertarian stance ... 'bad on you for making assumptions mostly based on negative ads from out-of-state dark monied propagandists.

My opinions are based what the candidates actually say. I take all the dumb adds with grain of salt. My opinion of most Libertarian candidates is that they are kook fringe wingnuts. This guy is different. He actually knows what he is talking about.

“Greg Gianforte has $2.5 million in stock for some of these pharmaceutical companies that are charging such high prices. We need to reject Mr. Gianforte and the dinosaur he rode in on.”
Quist was referring to the Glendive Dinosaur and Fossil Museum, which espouses the idea that the world is about 6,000 to 6,400 years old and is a six-day divine creation. That means, according to the museum, that dinosaurs and humans coexisted. There is even a depiction of a Native American person riding a dinosaur.
This from a newspaper article recently in the MISSOULIAN. The dinosaur museum referenced received primary funding from Greg Gianforte, who apparently subscribes to the "young earth - man with dinosaurs" theology.

Back