PEAX Equipment

MT: Gianforte vs Quist

Boo hoo the media isn't polite. Doesn't be mean you get to beat them up over. Anyone who supports or defends Gianfortes actions needs to take a good long look in the mirror.

Thinking we could all kick in and get the reporter a gym membership. He has two years to get his ass in shape before this nonsense starts all over again.

hmmm I just heard Gianforte, in his 'victory' speech, claim to protect 'the public land'. Anybody buying that?

hmmm I just heard Gianforte, in his 'victory' speech, claim to protect 'the public land'. Anybody buying that?

Well it's up to us to hold him accountable and remind him if he varies from that commitment. Now we need to give him a chance to follow through.

I wish there was a none of the above option when if a candidate did not receive more than 45 percent of the vote the parties would have to nominate someone else and try again.

I wish there was a none of the above option when if a candidate did not receive more than 45 percent of the vote the parties would have to nominate someone else and try again.

There was...you could have voted for wicks. Still doesn't matter since gianforte got just over 50%

I think if there weren't so many absentee votes that Quist wins this. Imagine what this would've looked like had they been all mail-in ballots like what was being asked for because of the cost to municipalities.

To the person talking about the lack of reporting on the eye-witness reporter for Fox news changing her story....she said he may not have had his hands around his neck. They may have been to the sides of his neck.....wow....just wow....that just changes everything...makes it okay now....not

I think its funny anyone excusing this is probably someone that would spout about people being brainwashed by the liberal media about other topics. They can't see the actual brainwashing that has happened.......

Protected until the Republican party asks him to vote to "transfer, sell, or otherwise dispose of public land since the agencies tasked with management can't properly manage and there's really too much federal public land in the west, so it needs to be sold to bring down the deficit". After the analysis of National Monuments, his first public lands vote may very well be to rescind NM designations and/or to repeal the Antiquities Act. This next era of congressional actions regarding health care, taxation, and public lands will be critical to watch and attempt to influence on behalf of the middle class. It seems to me that the middle class is very poorly represented in Congress.

This race was the most expensive house race in state history. For those not from Montana, in an election year, think of how sick of politics you are by the time November rolls around. Well, it's May and we are just being set free. No more texts, calls, relentless radio and internet ads, no more cheesy commercials, may the chitty billboards be gone. It's a beautiful day in Montana.

Attachments

• SetFree.jpg
    SetFree.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 277
I think if there weren't so many absentee votes that Quist wins this. Imagine what this would've looked like had they been all mail-in ballots like what was being asked for because of the cost to municipalities.

I disagree. The bulk of active voters are quite partisan and the lack of support for 3rd party candidates last November when both the GOP and Dem Presidential candidates where extremely flawed is Exhibit A that voters are supporting a party plank (or opposing the other party's plank) when they vote. This is actually not that new of a development. This recap is from 2000 when a dead man was elected in Missouri to the US Senate: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/missouri-elects-dead-man-as-senator-623222.html

Interesting that Montana elected a guy to an essentially statewide office that they just voted against for statewide office. That's weird to me as an outsider.

Also, I find it interesting that they elected a wealthy tech billionaire from NJ to oppose wealthy coastal elites. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very expensive race. ~$40/vote for the winner.

Although, if we can't laugh at ourselves for having these nutjobs as the best D's and R's can give us...

THANK YOU!! This is the real problem with the race in MT...the country is doomed if these candidates become status quo, Lord knows there are several just like this here in Colorado.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back