Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bino harness

Oneye

Currently I have a badlands bino harness for both my 10x42 and 10x50. I don't like the case for the larger binos so much it's too bulky. What bino case would you recommend? I've been looking at Sitkas, I know Solo Hunter has one, just wondering what one would be a good low profile case for my vortex 10x50. I'd also like to see it keep out a touch more dust than the case I currently have.

Might want to search for "bino harness". Within the last few days there was a thread started asking about the comfort of the bino harnesses. There were a lot of good product reviews in that thread you might find useful... that being said I have a FHF, which fits me and my binos perfectly. It does not feel bulky at all. I even purchased a model one size bigger than what my binos require should I ever decide to get bigger binos and it is still not too bulky.

I used an Alaskan Guide Creations bino harness last year for the first time and I loved the hell out of it

I have 12 x 50 votex and put them in an Alaska Guide Creation harness. I liked it, it works well but it is the only harness I have used so I dont have anything
to compare it to. On the other hand, I do not intend to check any others out as I really like all of the extra pockets for aux items

I started with a S4 Gear bino harness, I felt it didn't offer enough coverage/protection. The only other one I've used is FHF - I'm a believer in that brand.

I started using the Alaska Guide Creations this past season as well. I really like it. It's comfortable holds my 10x42's really well and I have a couple extra pockets for my chapstick, wind checker, I keep a small knife clipped to it as well. I primarily bow hunt and it never interferes with me shooting either.

Ive picked up an FHF with rangefinder and GPS pouch and ACG in the last couple weeks. I was planning on trying them out and getting rid of one but I cant decide so Im keeping both as they both have a lot going for them. The FHF to me is slightly more comfortable, slimmer. Customer service is top notch to boot. I really wanted a Fusion in Medium which have been sold out for a while so Jen dug through the shop on a weekend to see if they had one laying around, they did and it was in my hands a few days later.

The AGC is equal in quality, I find the straps slightly less comfortable but tis really splitting hairs. The ACG has the advantage of carrying my Montana in the bottom pouch, RF in the front pocket and that leaves 2 side pockets and a top pocket. While it makes it bulkier than the FHF its a great design none the less. My plan now is to use the AGC locally where im typically running bare bones and using the FHF for out of state where its slightly smaller footprint would be more advantageous. Id be completely happy with both so if there was a decidign factor it might be cost. The FHF setup was 192.00 and the AGC was 99.00(and came with fre wind checker and water bottle from Black Orvis)

Alaska guide creations for me, I found a close out on midway USA for like $60 and don't regret it one bit. They little pockets it has sets it apart from the others

Ive picked up an FHF with rangefinder and GPS pouch and ACG in the last couple weeks. I was planning on trying them out and getting rid of one but I cant decide so Im keeping both as they both have a lot going for them. The FHF to me is slightly more comfortable, slimmer. Customer service is top notch to boot. I really wanted a Fusion in Medium which have been sold out for a while so Jen dug through the shop on a weekend to see if they had one laying around, they did and it was in my hands a few days later.

The AGC is equal in quality, I find the straps slightly less comfortable but tis really splitting hairs. The ACG has the advantage of carrying my Montana in the bottom pouch, RF in the front pocket and that leaves 2 side pockets and a top pocket. While it makes it bulkier than the FHF its a great design none the less. My plan now is to use the AGC locally where im typically running bare bones and using the FHF for out of state where its slightly smaller footprint would be more advantageous. Id be completely happy with both so if there was a decidign factor it might be cost. The FHF setup was 192.00 and the AGC was 99.00(and came with fre wind checker and water bottle from Black Orvis)

Finally someone on here that owns both and has used them. Good comparison

I just ordered a bino harness from Marsupial Gear. I've heard great things about them. It was a tough decision between those and the FHF gear. The tiebreaker was that the Marsupial was slightly cheaper and my first choice for color/size FHF was sold out.

I bought a Badlands and used it for a season and loved it. Hadn't used any pouches before that, just a harness. I was sold on pouches. Then, since I live in Bozeman and FHF is local, I saw them in one of the local archery shops. Tried it on, and I didn't realize the Badlands was so bulky. The FHF was super streamlined. I just actually went for a hike yesterday scouting for spring bear. You just kind of forget its there. I've picked up an ACG in scheels to look at it and just thought it would have too much of the bulk like the Bandlands. But people really like them. Next time I'm in Great Falls or Billings I'll take a peak at them again. Actually, maybe S. Warehouse has them too. I'd be curious the weight vs. the FHF too. The FHF seems lighter. I don't know if they all do it, but I will say the FHF, when I sweat a ton, can get condensation on my binos. But I mean, I'm sweating A TON. I picked up the Eberlestock in the store and really wasn't impressed with it. Don't remember why. I think it was pretty heavy and bulky. The Sitka seems like it would be okay, but I think the reviews are so so. I looked at it and the Badlands when I bought my Badlands and ultimately went Badlands because it was cheaper. I think I was leaning Sitka before that but I don't remember for sure, nor why. I have not had my hads on a Marsupial Gear. Only thing I don't like about the FHF is the fact that the whole thing is not enclosed. Kuiu makes one to and some people really liked them.

Really depends on the model you go with. I chose the AGC with extra pockets to see if I could fit my RF and GPS in there. I believe they make a no extra pocket model that would be a better comparison the the FHF.

Bino Bro form Oregon Pack works has waterproof, quiet fabric, opens away from you (correct way), and is light. FHF is made of Curdura which is noisy, doesn't open the correct way, but it does have the cool dude bro factor :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back